Sunday, January 25, 2009

Buttermilkfear

I am a person that loves everything.....well almost. Music, I can handle most...except Heavy Metal....I even like some creative rap, and some opera, especically Puccini....When it comes to food, I love almost everything in Western Culture.... I am adventurous.. It has been very hard for me to understand people who do not like APPLES, or tomatoes or carrots. Some people vomit at the taste of beets...just cant understand that at all. APPLES..???
When I was growing up my mother ate Persimmons, Blue cheese,Anchovies, Avodcados, yougurt and Butter milk. Those, early in life made me gag. Blue cheese I was sure was colleted from inbetween dirty toes, yougurt was spoiled stuff...Avocados were disgustingly mushy and yucky......and butter milk was the most disgusting..Make me gag....even at the thought...Liquid PUS.... Even as an adult, after I got used to eating anchovies..(still taste fishy but I will eat them)....I learned to love to have freshblue cheese in salad dressing....Avocados are now one ofmy favorites....I like Yougurt.....but until today, the thought of drinking buttermilk still made me gag...JUST THE THOUGHT>>>>> well, I bought a quart of it..and decided I will try again......Even while opening the container, my throat started closing up, my stomach twitched....but I managed to down a few swigs....and I survived. It didt make me gag, or get grossed out. It probably was all mental...Not that I am going to love it, but I got over the Phobia of Buttermilk....I make some pancakes later on and they were great,,,,,I made a syrup of maple syrup 50/50 with rasberry no sugar perserves....The following is a poem that I wrote to John Lennons Memory....

Hey John
IMAGINE
A New World Order'
Where the Border'
of our Imagination
is limitless
You dreamed a dream
you sang a song
of what should be right
and what was wrong
Hey John
Now in DC Stands
a very tall man
whose skin didn't matter
but his heart ,soul and mind
They listened to his message
taken in by his smile
believed his promises
felt his energy
They lined up as far
as the eye could see
This sea of people
was the mountain
that finally came to Mohammed
to have their hopes renewd
their lives validated
their joy created energy
that lit up the world
with a billion smiles
singing yes we can
yes we did
Hey John
soon your song
will be the new
National anthem of the world
Look down John
and if you listen carefully
its whistling in the wind.

No comments: