Monday, February 22, 2010

back home.......feh

I got back today and I cant say I am happy... I think I would have been contented if I had been hit on the head, and forgot who I was, and where I live....and had to stay there.. Of course, logic would have it, if I had no PAssport if it was stolen, someone would send this Gringo to the Embassy.....and by then, a missing persons report would have been filed...
But for one week, I was happy, not to be filled with the daily bullshit, of buying and selling, and peoples kvetching......and things I did or didnt do........
I awoke to Roosters crowing and birds chirping....,in a small very modest home, that an employee bought for his mother, while working for me....and he didnt tell me....he is very proud, honest, humble and a hundred other very wonderful adjectives..that describes his personality. He invited me to Mexico, but tried to persuade me to stay in a hotel. This house did not have hot water yet...It was small, poorly painted...but he bought it and it was his or his mothers.....The love in the house, was more enjoyable, than any even luxury hotel could have affored me. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. I slept late, and he didnt wake me unless we had to go somewhere...DOwn the block lived his grandmother, an aunt, and assorted relatives in another house...also filled with incredible love. His mother angrandmother were always cooking......with is one of the ways that they show their love..and it so reminded me of my old JEWISH RUssian Grandmother, who barely spoke English, but communicated her love with her home cooking.. Even though they were poor, they still had three televisions..one being nicer than anything I bought myself....a pick up and a jeep..kind of old...and seemed happy. When you havent enought money for luxuries, then you are forced to find happiness in those around, you, and things like family and parties, cooking, music,...gardens...etc...and I think that they can ex[erience more pure happiness than some millionaires....If they have their health, food and shelter..and family....and do not put their expectations higher than reality..they can really be happy.
The last day, we had planned on going to a resort with over 20 over his family....but they got a call that his Grandfathers sister.....who lived high in the mountains...a long schlep away was on her death bed...so the party was cancelled and we all packed into two trucks.....and schlepp three hours up into the mountains...on roads that were very scary...dangerous...with lost cattle, horses and other creatures blocking the roak, which was barely wide enough for 2 cars....... one lane bridges, which had no guard rails..and if there was a slip up...bye bye...curves that if you over shot them, you would end up in some valley far below.....very scary...and then the last ten minutes..there was no road, but a very muddy and rocky path, that if I saw a survivor of one the Mexican 16th cent explorers still lost..I wouldnt be surprised.....and the family lived on top of the very tallest mountain..no less..OY.
The Aunt who was supposedly dying...looked very healthy to me......she was however very badly sufferering from Reuhmatroid Arthritis...but very very far from her death bed as we all were told....Eddie was as angry as me....but she and her family had a nice dinner waiting for us....and her back yard, if you can call it that....which was the side of the mountain, had Tangerines, Oranges, mangoes, bannanas,,,and many other kinds of fruits and veggies growing.....i picked a large green orange, and it was really ripe, large and very sweet......I talked with his great auntI would look into some natural help for her pain.....they do have some natural cures..but nothing works for her yet...
We were so high in the mountains....that there were no peaks higher....on top of their mountain, they had dogs and cats, a variety of turkeys, chickens, roosters, a rabbint and other animals........There are so many dogs in Mexico....that they run wild in the streets...they are thin. amd very unhealthy......so sad.....
I will continue more tomorrow..I am too tired....got no sleep last night becuase we couldnt get out of that mountain....a bad accident had the roads...closed..got back in time to pack and race to the airport at 5

No comments: