Saturday, September 24, 2011

nEW FAN CLUB, MANGO CILANTRO CHICKEN, POLICE OFFICERS FUNERAL

This morning, I oened the kitchen door, that is on the HOHOKUS Brook....where all the animals in our menagarie hang out. There is a fleet of wild ducks, that we feed daily....a collection of chipmonks, crows, sparrows and other birds, including a vicious HAWK, who attack the 30 or so pidgeons that roost on a gas pipe.
We have moles and voles, tiny mice, countless squirrels....and once we found an albino ferret, which one of the boys took home.
This morning, when I opened the back door, that is overlooking the brook, the ducks were all in the water, reminding me of the collections of battleships that were in "mothballs" as the term was int he 1950's on the HUDSON RIVER...The instant they saw me, the quaking began, and they spread their wings and flew at me.....like fans converge on a rock star. Within seconds, there wre more than a dozen ducks at my feet, quaking for their daily ration of bread.....this time, their response to me was so instantaneous...I was shocked....They were my new fan club.
I saw movement in the trees....thinking birds were in the branches..but. the movement was caused by my chipmonks nibbling on seeds.....and they were barely hanging on the the tiny branches....which made me nervous that they might fall..and THEY CANT FLY!!!!AND THEY ARE THE CUTEST THING IN MY ANIMAL COLLECTION.
THE LATEST DRAMA WITH GOLDY THE COY, AND BROWNIE...THE COY....IS THAT THERE IS A LITTLE BROWN FISH FOLLOWING BROWNIE....AND TWO PEOPLE SAID THAT GOLDY......MIGHT HAVE AN IMPOSTER....GOLDY IS LARGE, BUT ONCE IN A WHILE, WE SEE A GOLD FISH...THAT SEEMS A LITTLE SHORTER AND THINNER....SO their might be 4 coy...and not 2 that we originally thought.
I LOVE TO COOK AND CREATE NEW DISHES......Here is one......I looked in the refrigerator....and the cabinets in the store...I put al the ingredients that I could find and created the following:

Took boiled chicken.....and then sauteed it in olive oil, garlice, and chopped onions.Then I added a shot of Worstershire sauce...and half a bunch of cilantro(well washed....Then a container of MANGO Nectar....cooked it down, added salt and pepper and thickend with flours.....at the end A table spoon of apple cider vinegar...
If i had, had it, I would have added chucnks of over ripe mangoes...but it was good without it.. Served it over rice...and WOW! Orgasmic. I will try this with shrimp,fish and beef.

Yesterday we went to the auction in PENN, where we dropped off the 5th truck load of things we want to go awa and make room on the third floor....I am getting thoroly screwed there....but we get a few dollars, and able to bid on some better things that they have consigned...We did buy a nice table and mirror there...which we sold already, which mde up a lit tle for our losses. Also in that area of the world, we go to a wholesale, where we buy nice things....if we didnt go for auction business, the entire expense of the trip would be borne on the cost of the reproductions, but now, I consered the expenses..gas....tolls, shared. We also had a house call on exit 8 of the turnpike...which proved very good...So besides the horrible rain yesterday, which slowed down driving time.....50 mph rather than 65 or 70......we had a nice trip.
InDelaware....we encountered a strage event, and took a few hours for us to find out what happened. Near the Delaware MEMORIAL BRIDGE a few exits were shut by the state police...and when we looked up on ramps, and down on highwys there were cop cars as far as the eyes could see..all with their lights flashing. Must have seen 1000 cop cars. We thought some drastic event had taken place. MAYBE the president was assassinated, maybe bombs went off in Washington...

No comments: