Monday, August 23, 2010

Miss Universe/Miss Mexico, The Mosque Issue, BUDDA loves you,

Tonight, just by accident...i watched the very end of the MISS UNIVERSE contest....I watched as the 4,3,2,and Ist runner ups were eliminated...and MISS MEXICO was crowned MISS UNIVERSE!! I was thrill...for several reasons...firstly, she is absolutley gorgeous...secondly, it might lift the spirits of all the MEXICANS who are being so put down lately...from Arizona....and all over.. and since I was in MEXICO in February...i felt somewhat connected.
The MOSQUE DEBATE....I feel that half of me is for the MOSQUE, the freedom of religion,...and that it would be a good thing.....The other half of me is against it for several reasons. Deep down, I think that is a larger sense, it is like a victory monument to what "they" acheived. The original name of the place..also had the meaning of such Victory Monument and they quickly changed the name. I also do not trust the source of the money that will be raised to build it.Now I must admit that I just might be as brain washed as so many else are...but I think there is a deep seated plan to try to make the world all MUSLIM, regardless of what they have to do to achive it. Maybe I am paranoid.
Secondly, they do have a right o build a religous center...but I think under the circumstances of 9/11, they should have had enough sense not to build it so very close to the WTC, unless, indeed they wanted to rub it in our face. I would rather see them build it somewhere else.

Budda was a real man, A Prince...of the high class caste...a BRAHMIN.....but even back then, The Budda (not his name of course) didnt like the way things were going..he was stick in the palace, and he wanted to get a taste of the real world. He new of the concept of GREED, poverty, hunger, illness, corruptions...he didnt like it and it confused him.. He eventually set out to learn more about the real world....the searth for truth and elightenment...and he spent his life seeking spread of enlightenment. HE rejected his birthright....and evently had a giant impact on the world.
Budda attracted followers....who eventually brought his message of the search enlightenment from INDIA to CHINA.....where the IMage of Buddah took on image of a happy fat smiling many with a big belly....
In Buddism, Buddah is not a GOD....he is a philopsher showing the way to live a good life. There is no GOD (as such) in their religion.....so to me, I will look at Buddism as a philosophy.....a path...to travel.....a way to live....a way to act and a way to think. They are devoid of miracles, special diets, guilt and most of all the other nonsense of other religions....You can be married, eat meat or not, drink alcohol or not.....work any day of the week, and not burdened with rules and regulations. They advocate a life of no excesses. They advocate kindness...and the ten commandments would fit into their program....well, most of them. They study how to live, and how to be>>>> and how to think.
My Friend Phil, was just "ordained " as a Buddist Priest. Phil is JEWISH...and their is no conflict in being both a Buddist and JEWISH......you can called it Zen Judiaism and not be wrong...They work with each other.....as it did for 500 years in a JEWISH community in CHINA...in the Shanghai area..(I dont think they ate Lobster Cantonese)
Phil invited me to meet some of his Buddist Associates..who are all very special people....and the invitation is a compliment. I was told someof my poetry,actually is paraphrased concepts from Buddist writings....and that I am on my way to enlightenmnet...jsut think, another 500 years...and might arrive.
If the entire world were BUDDISTS.....it might solve most of the problems of the planet.. but then again, you might say that if all the People were Christians, or JEWS or anything else, the problems of the world...would be solved... But, I think there is a difference. To become a Buddist, one has to really want to become one...study....and you want to be good....and you find good in everything. And you dont hate...the search for enlightenment...doesnt include the necessity for giant riches.....Buddishts havent started wars......where they travel peace breaks out.

No comments: