Friday, August 20, 2010

Not Been Bloggin much, Got a virus, and the blues,TRIPE SOUP?

This week i came down with some virus..one day nausea and the next....the other end....I felt like one of those spurting foundtains in LAs Vegas, spurting forth colored waters. First I thought I got food poisoning from a local gormet restaurant....who is very full of themselves. I had a bowl of Short ribs,served on mashed potatoes...that was good.....not great, kind of fatty, and at 25dollars ala cart, i really felt sick.....the next day...was BARF day....but, the symptons later followed what so many people have around here now...so I cant blame the owner..except for the bill.
Business this week was encouraging....in some ways. August is traditonally a bad month, and it was almost good. But still not good enough to pay all the bills, and have the pressure off. But, I am in the same boat of millions of other small businessmen.
Customers have been impossible. One lady today priced half the store...and when finally, she priced a cobalt blue water pitchers....i told her 5.00...to see if she was just playing around...It should have been 50.00 She said.."OH, for 5 dollars I have to think about it...! I almost lost it.... My mind was creating scenarios, likee taking it out of the closet and smashing it at her feet...but that owuld have been juvenile, wasful and psychotic....I thought of trying to insert it rectally, but I am sure, she probably would have allowed that, if she was getting it free. I thought of saying something nasty......but, wisdom won out in the end. I waslk away. and said nothing. Later on I removed the pitcher... Put it in the kitchen.. If she comes back"after thinking about it" I will kindly say, you know MISS THING, for 5.00 I decided to keep it and use it to serve customers drinks....(eat your heart out) today, a hamburger adn frieds cost more than 5.00. what was there to think about...THIS annoying person priced: A 1500 Tiffany floor lamp, other lamps, coffee tables(and wanted all the details as to size, wood, age...style....and of course none of them would work in her house, She had John show wher jewelry, also priced cutrglass, Waterford and a myriad of other things. I think she was looking for yesterday...and it just wasnt there.
I really havent been following the NEWS. I know there is abig controversey about the MOSQUE in NYC.....in reality, if we are to really be a country where we say there is religious freedom.. how can we deny them to build the mosque on relgious issues alone. TERRORISTS ATTACK THE WTC, NOT ALL MOSLEMS. AND ARE WE TO ASSUME THE MONEY FOR THIS MOSQUE IS COMING FROM TERRORISTS??? IF SO AND IF IT CAN BE PROVEN, THEN IT SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED. IF THE MONEY COMES FROM CONFIRMED SORCES OF PEOPLEFUL ENTITITES..HOW CAN WE FORBID IT.
BUT, i certainly inderstand the emotional ties we all have to MOslem Terrorist and the wtc 9/11 bombing. It seems as it is a Victory tower for them...it sure does....and I am not trying to be prejudices....but i am letting my emotions go and being honest with you and myself.. I would rather them build it elsewhere too, and NOT TEAR DOWN a 110 year old historic landmark....even though the cities landmark commision, who must all be shit for brains...said it was ok to demolish it...
On the PRO SIDE, It was BUSH and his boys, that LET 9/11 HAPPEN. HE WAS WARNED BY 11 DIFFERENT ORGANIZATIONS AND OCUNTRIES...AND ALL THAT ASSHOLE DID WAS GO ON VACATION FOR A MONTH.. THEY NEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN....AND THEY WANTED IT TO HAPPEN..SO THEY COULD PLAN THEIR WAR TO INVADE THE MIDEAST......AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED....CONSPIRACY THEORY???? YOU BETCHA!!!
TRIPE SOUP ALA MAURY.....WHO IN HELL EVER THOUGHT,THAT I WOULD EVER LIKE TRIPE, AND YET COOK IT.??? i HAVE HAD IT IN THE PAST, AND IT WAS SORT OF LIKE EATING RUBBER BANDS...BUT NOT AS TASTY...BUT TONIGHT...I BOUGHT A LITTLE PIECE OF IT...JUST O EXPERIMENT...AND A SHOCKER CAME OUT OF IT....I MADE SOMETHING REALLY VERY GOOD...HER IS THE RECIPE.
I FIRST BOILED THE PIECE IN A FEW PIECES FOR TWO HOURS WITH A LITTLE VINEGAR AND SALT IN THE WATER...THEN CUT IT UP INTO TINYPIECES AND COOKED IT AGAIN FOR HALF AN HOUR...DRAINED THE WATER....ADDED SOME DICED TOMATOES, AND JARRED TOMATOE SAUCE(RINALDO BRAND) AND WATER 50/50 A HIT OF GARLIC POWEDER, SOME VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, A HIT OF TOBASCO, SOME CHOPPED ONION, TABLESPOON OF CHOPPED PARSELY, FOR SWEETNESS A LITTLE GRATED CARROT.....AND COOKED IT ALL FOR ANOTHER HALF AN HOUR. IT WAS THEN TENDER.....IT WAS MORE OR LESS A SOUP...BEFORE SERIVNG I ADDED THE JUICE OF HALF A LIME.. AND IT REALLY WAS DELICIOUS.....HARD TO BELIEVE.
NOW IF YOU THICKEN THE SAUCE....YOU CAN SERVE IT ON PASTA OR RICE AS A MAIN DISH AND NOT RICE..IF YOU CUT IT UP SMALL ENOUGH, NO ONE WILL RECOGNIZE WHAT IT IS AND JUST LOVEIIT.
I JUST REMEMBER THAT I HAVE BEEN FORGETTING TO USE MY GLAUCOMA DROPS AT NIGHT.....AND ITS SERIOUS TO FORGET THIS....tHE DROPS HOWEVER MAKE ME DIZZY>>>I THINK THEY ARE BETA BLOCKERS AND LOWERS MY BLOODPRESSURE...
i REALLY HAVE TO GET BACK INTO BLOGGING..AND WRITING....THE MORE I STAY AWAY, THE HARDER IT IS FOR THE WORDS TO FLOW....AND BE SOMEHWHAT CREATIVE..WHICH i HAVENT BEEN IN A VERY LONG TIME...OR FUNNY. i WAS THE CLASS CLOWN, EVEN IN THE 2ND GRADE, AND NOTHING HAS REALLYCHANGED....EXCEPT,....THAT HUMOR CAN BE BASED ON REAL SERIOUS STUFF.....AND THE JEXTAPOSITION OF SERIOUSNESS AND SITUATIONS..IS WHAT MAKES HUMOR HAPPEN.
sOME HOW...i SAT DOWN IT WAS LIGHT OUT....AND NOW ITS 2 IN THE MORNING....I SPENT TIME ON CRAIGSLIST...LOOKING FOR CUSTOMERS.....COOKING, A LITTLE TV.........AND NOW GOOD WORLD i WILL GO TO SLEEP.

No comments: