Saturday, April 4, 2009

SATURDAY APRIL 4TH....





tODAYS WAS THE KIND OF DAY I LIKE....ALTHOUGH WE DIDNT HIT ANY OUTSTANDING RECORDS OF SALES, IT WAS GOOD....wE DID BETTER LAST WEEK, BUT.....LAST WEEK, THE MAJORITY OF THE SALES TOTAL WAS ONE VERY LARGE SALE...WITHOUT WHICH IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A LOUSY DAY. AH, but today, we had a lot of people...and lots of people bought things.....I was busy running around, schmoozing with them and writing up sales.I really didnt even have time to eat lunch....and me not eating...is likie trying to stop a tornado with a lasso... Almost impossible.
We have so many people that we have met over the years...One of them is a professor of English from NYC....his age ...he will not tell me, but I am not sure if he is still in his 70's.....He is the most refined, articulate and best dressed many I have ever met. If a male model can be in his 70's or 80's this is the man. The clothes fit him as if custom made and put on a maniquin. He buys the finest antiques and art...and speaks so very kindly......I never googled him...and I do not know to much about him. I had given him one of my books of poetry and he read them all and commented how he liked them....and remembered details months later. He always has a driver bring him out nowaday...he used to drive himself...but he had a bought with "some illness". and since then, he hires a driver. I took some photos..and will try to post them, to share some of my favorite people with my blog readers.
Today, all the people who came behaved and were lovely people.......and so many of them were repeat customers....which made me feel very good too...I would say half were new..and have were regulars...Only one of them mentioned the TV commercials...but who knows/???
The top photo is the Producer and his friends (and me) of THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NYC.....I am still waiting for them to shoot a program in the store... He thinks it will be a great show and I will interact with his NYC Bitchy yentas.....I cant wait.....I should start loosing weight...to look better...hey, If I am gong to be a star...I would twinkle better...when thinner..

No comments: