Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cat in the BAg,Miracle plant. Recipes





I havent been blogging for a while.....Being tired is one excuse, and fed up with the world...is another....and been very stressed...with things that I jsut dont think its appropriate to talk about. Even though I am a first class yenta, even I have limits of things to keep to myself.
A year ago, a post photos of my pet plant, that just about died thru the winter..from not enough light or heat..but it did have some leaves when spring arrived. We put it out and watered it and it snapped back, but had not blooms, until one day in late august i saw some buds.....it then developed flowers and lasted almsot into DECEMBER....then sadly, by End of March, a white crust formed n the bark and all the leaves fell off...and it look very dead....but in APril I put this corpse of a plant outside and watered it daily. I scraped the bark..and it was still green beneath..... The BOYS wanted to throw it in the dumpster..but I SAID NO. They thought I was crazy Watered a big dead three...sticks. in a few weeks little green nodules appeared.....and I want you to see the photos of that dead tree today.

There is a litte message in this....and its not religious...but its about faith....you can read into it what ever you like. Maybe its a message to try to be optimistic, that even when things do not look good.....you might be wrong, and good things...beautiful things can happen. I gues this incidence is a thing one can write a poem about..but it just might sound to corney...and contrived..but here we have photos....of a real incident.
Now I dont think the photos of the Cat i the bag are on this camera.....its a simple story...My sister gave me a wonderfull shirt for Fathers DAy or Uncles day....when I was about to leave my Nephews house, I picked up the shopping bag and it felt much to much heavy fora shirt....suddenly, a cute head popped out..It was my newphews CAT and I took some photos

Here is a very simple recipe to made a seafood Newburg, a Shrimp Casserole, even a fux crab dish.....its really cheating, but if the bottom line, it tastes good..that is all that counts.... This is a five minute gourmet treat,that will amze your firends who pop in for a last minute meal.
Chop onion and garlic and sautee for a few min in extra virgin olive oil till soft.
remove half of the contents..and fry another minute or two...add a few pinches of tumeric into the frying pan stir, and add equal amoutn of water and INSTANT rice...bring to a boil and cover with a lid for 4 min.
Then take the remaining onion and garlic..add a can of Campbells Cream of Shrimp Soup. a splash of Worstershire sauce, add sherry or favorite dry wine...1/4 cup to a whole can....brig to a boil.taste...add more garlic or salt or pepper...to taste...and throw in cooked frozen shrimp, fake crab legs, scallops....either all or mixed....even some cubed salmon or other fish.. Bring to a boil....and then shut off in one minute or until the seafood is hot. Serve over the rice//which is done by now. Total time elapsed can be five mintues if everythign is aranged before hand..
Serve over the rice with chopped scallions or chives.
To change taste ....in a hurry..add some arrugalu when cooking the seasfood...only has to wilt a bit,...You can also add capers, olives, waterchestnuts, sweet peas(frozen..not canned) a few tablespoons of chopped pimento...
Now you can throw some salad greens(mescalen comes prepackaged) in a bowl, shred a carront on a grater and a few slices of onion....and serve with bottled dressings...some are damn good....like CATALINA, or kens Steak House blue cheese...

and you havae a basic little meal on the table in no time./////ten min...

No comments: