Friday, June 5, 2009

Yiddish in the White House

At this moment there is a tv program on the White House....Brian William started describing the oval office, he said, "the office is still quite sparse.....no paper weights mementos or "CHACHKAS" to clutter the desk.....I laughed out loud...which is something I havent done much the last decade or two.....Chacka is not in the normal ethnic language of BRIAN WILLIAMS, or the OBAMAS.....but....I guess, mhy role as an antique dealer....(and so many dealers on the EAST COAST hve been JEWISH....the word chachka haas crept into the AMERICAN venacular.

They just showed Michelle Obama visit a schoolmwhose children all came to the White House in March and planted a great vegtable garden with Michelle...Now she came to the school and is gong to help the same children plant their garden...when it was over...she went into the group of kids and put her arms around two at a time and have them all hugs. Brian Williams sad, "she is not a hand shaking first lady, but a tactile person: She is so full of warmth..and touching...and showing that its important to give love...
SOMETHING HAPPENED TO MY EYES..OR MY BRAIN.. Suddenly I became color blind. I am watching this program....watching Michelle and her daily activities...then The President and his activitis and interviews...then later on the balcony with all the family including the mother inlaw.... I was watching the first lady, the President...the KIDS.......and I didnt see black people..I saw only My president, and his family....I actually didnt notice the difference of skin color...yes...I became color blind..I only saw PEOPLE....people that I just care so much about....and I am so very proud of them...
What most impressed me? sOMETHING VERY SILLY... Even though Obama is the President of the most powerful country in the world....he said " at about 9:30 I taake the dog for a walk....and then pick up poop.....YES, the President isnt to good to pick up poop.....or play basketaball.....or go out and buy hamaburgers for his staff... He is really a down to earth man.

No comments: