Friday, October 22, 2010

Getting acclimated back in the USA, MOre NEW STUFF

I have been back from Europe for over a week.....and have to get acclimated to the time schedule, working, eating American food, NOT sleeping late...and putting up with customers.....But I do like to work....so I consider what I do..an adventure, rather than WORK...
I almost lost it today on a customer.....Her son is a customer and he brought her here to buy a rug... John gave them a price..and I even dropped the price on a real PErsian RUG in mint condition....The woman said it wasnt worth it...as if she new which end was up....He was 5 hudnred years old and walked with a cane. I think she might have been Iranian as well.. NOW HERE THIS>>> I went along with John, not knowing this was a more expensive rug..that was brought down from floor 3 to floor one.....This rug was worth at least 2000 and the Broomless witch....was bargaining....even though I made a mistake.....I just said in a harsh tone..PLEASE
I know my business....you cant even buy a wool machine rug make in NOrth CAROLINA....for under 1400;.......long story short, she bought it...and had the gaul to ask for a free deliver...and to put it down in her h9ome i BROOKLYN......I also gave a harsh NO! These people have more balls than the YANKEES>
Tonight we bought out the condo ...of a woman who inherited a lot of stuff that was from GRANNYS ATTIC auction and store years ago....SHe was lovely and kind..and fair...and even sent out for PIZZA for the boys who schlepped. This lady makes drapes and other window treatments and is an artist in her field......and we will promote her in the store...to get her work and make a few bucks.
One of our other nutty customers...garbage picks...she is a horder.....the woman owns a large piece of property not far from here....what was once a farm....her SUV looks like an 4 wheel garbage dump....yesterday she was here...and wore a green Sweatshirt.....with remnants of every meal she ate for the last week....she was filty.....and smelled like pis....maybe she has diabetes...or has a cat....or??????
Richy caught her stealing on SUNDAY..but we leat it go..she came back on MONDAY and spent 200...and 50bucks yesterday..... I think she is in the begining stages of ALZHEIMERS and wonder if i shouuld ask her about her family....or call some social agency to look in on her now and then. or..MOND MY OWN BUSINESS...WHICH I RARELY DO.
I AM NOT HAPPY WITH OBAMAM AND HIS WAY OF HANDLING DONT ASK DONT TELL.....AND THEN MAKES A SPEECH ON GAY KIDS KILLING THEMSELVES.... I AM STILL PRO OBAMA, BUT THINK HE IS MAKING A MISTAKE IN THE WAY HE IS HANDLING SOME THINGS.
HAVE TO SLEEP NOW......CANT KEEP MY EYES OPEN...WILL DISCUSS THE WORLD CONDITION IN THE NEXT BLOG.....NOTHING VERY INTERESTING HAS HAPPENED THIS WEEK..BUT STAY TUNED.

No comments: