Friday, July 24, 2009

Ducks crossing the road, friends return......new stuff

The other day I mentioned that I needed some inspiration to start writing poetry again.....The political scene is far from inspirational....nor, comical enough to make fun of, although the lovely SARAH PALIN, soon will be exposed to my rath...as will a few rabbis, and mayors in JErsey, who are nothing more than seasoned criminals.
What is this sudden bit of inspiration, that might have unclogged the passacge ways of my brain, and cleared the neuro transmitters to beable to connect thoughts and images and create new poetry? DUCKS.. yes ducks...
I was driving to work two days ago, when I slammed on the brakes. Mama duck and her brook were slowly crossing the FRANKLIN TURNPIKE....from my left.....crossing to my left... 4 lanes and 2 shoulders....as traffic was going at 45 MPH.......and the lights were green.
I not only slammed on the brakes, but simultaneously, put on my flashers and hit the high beams frantically (on and off) so the truck bearing down in the other direction would pay notice...to the feathered family in the road.
I didnt know if the truck would see my lights or the ducks....and if the family of waddelers wouldmake it accross... The truck stopped, but I was afraid that a car behind it, not knowing why it stopped, would go around it and pass on the right, and crush the birds. My heart was in my mouth. AND suddenly, I was emoptional, and tears started rolling down my cheeks...in fear of the worst scenario. All this that I mention took but a few seconds,but it seemed to drag on in slow motion. The ducks did make it to the other side safely.....but somehow this devasted me for a while.
The devastation and sadness, was NOT just about a bunch of ducks...ducks, that I have in the past...enjoyed with sauce l'orange. No, it was all symbolic.
One interpretation is that we (the people, the masses) are the ducks, just waddling accross the road....living our lives...oblivious to all that is around us. The cars and trucks are the goverments and nature, who at a moments notice, can bring down our existence in one crashing blow.....We are at the mercy of Mother NAture, and politics..and we can throw in disease while we are at it...The truck can be symbolic of an unexpected stroke or heart attack, that is lurking without any warning.....
Mankind has taken away so much of the space where animals of all kinds have lived for millions of years. The deer have no where to go, not food to eat, and so many end their lives on the side of the highway. And there is no way we can correct this. It is a one way street....an animals are on a collison course with extinction.
So that my friends is what has re=sensitized me...and the above paragraphs, now, have to be turned into poetry.....My brain seems to work automatically. I am away of stimuli....but the poem, when ready..will becom me to start writing.....or typing.... Or it might come out orally while driving the car. The brain seems to keep me out of the peotry, it writes it in my subconscious...and when done it just starts flowing. So, when the poem is done...you all will be the first to know.

I got an email from two freinds, that I hadnt seen in a few years. Nor had they ever been to my store in HOHOKUS. I thought that we had fallen out, but we never had any arguments of anykind. These two live together, like two peas in a pod.....over the past few years one lost a mother and the other freind lost his DAD in a tragic accident.....he drove over a cliff, and wasnt found for a few days. I thinki both deaths most have taken an emotional toll on both of them. I got an email last week, saying that too much time had passwed since we socialized and that we should get together.....well, yestgerday, I was sitting here, typing an email, when I thought I heard one of their voices....I turned around and sure enought..there they were.....smiling...I finally was abole to give them a tour of the store.....which, they had never scene..and they were at one time, managers of a very large chain of stgores, which, went the way of a lot of businesses around here. BANKRUPT!!!!!
We laughed and reminised..They asked me about another pair of friends....Ron and ANdrea....and I told them I hadnt seen them in years either.......well, let it be called a coincidence, but RON, walked into the store today..all smiling and we cought up on the passed few years too.. Meeting both sets of freinds again, filled a void. ANd I was able to spend some time laughing, as I used to. Laughter....is vitamen L ...and I think most people do not get enough Vitamen L in their diet.... too bad you can buy a bottle of capsules of this Vitamen.....Well you can smoke some weed and if you are lucky you can start laughing for no reason at all.....but, I think to get the most our of Vitamen L, there has to be some reason for the laughter...not a chemical reation.. And besides, I can smoke that shit, I get paranoid... Reality is for people who dont do drugs...and I am hooked on reality.

A GREAT AND SIMPLE RECIPLE. kOSHER HAM SANDWHICHES....mEXICAN STYLE....OR WRAPS..

I USUALLY DO NOT BUY HAM..BUT IT WAS ON SALE AT THE A&P FOR 69 CENTS A POUND.....(ONE TO A CUSTOMER)....SO I KOSHERED IT BY CUTTING OF THE THIN END...BAKING IT WITH CLOVES STUCK INTO IT AND THEN PUTTING ON A GLAZE OF HONEY MIXED WITH GARLIC, SALT,PEPPER AND PAPRIKA. WHEN COOLED.....i THIN SLICED IT...PUT IT ON A SLICE OF BREAD AND POUR ON A LITTLE "TOSTITO" CHEESE SAUCE "MEDIUM SPICY) IT HAS JALEPINA PEPPERS AND STUFF IN IT) THEN PUT IT IN THE MICROWAVE..... OR YOU CAN MAKE A WRAP OUT OF IT....SO VERY SIMPLE, AND ORGASMICALLY DELICIOUS... VERY SIMPLE, BUT YOUR TASTE BUDS WILL EXPLODE.. YOU CAN ALSO ADD, A BIT OF EXTRAS LIKE CHOPPED RAW CILANTRO, THINK SLICED PIMENTOS, OR SLICED OLIVES,ETC) YOU WOULDNT THINK ANYTHING THAT SIMPLE TO MAKE COULD BE SO VERY TASTY... A GOURMET DEIGHT.

No comments: