Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I had a wierd Idea about Mike Jackson, Recipes, Co-incidences

Now that Mike Jackson has joined all those who came before him, and went out like a shining star, a comet ,that soared thru the universe, glowing, on fire, spreading sparks and glitter as it made its last trip, and them as comets do, burned out and faded away, but far, from forgotten.
But I was just thinking.....that this could be the most fabulous concieved conspiracy that ever existed. A consipracy, rather than be secretive, was televised with the most audiences of any other TV show in history, with possibly the funeral of PRincess DI. What if that family.....that disfunctional, but talented Jackson family.....the family....whose sister once publically called MIKE a FAGGOT.....decided to put their embarassment of him out of the way......and conspired with Doctors....to get him into drugs, that finally would cause his demise, right before his big 50 Concert TOUR. He now was so advertised ...his comeback would make him a bigger star than what he was. DR CARR, a freind of his said at the funeral that he was in no condition, at 112 pounds....to ever complete this tour. SO, if they paid Dr MURRAY or others.....and the drugs stopped his heart.....and a funeral would be televised all around the world...his record sales, and Copywritten toys and gadget sale would soar thru the roof.....and eventually, a video tape of the funeral and televison coverage would be made....and SOLD by the 100 millions......and the estate...would grow and grow and grow...and they wouuld become BILLIONAIRES....and it would be done right under all our noses.....
This could be one of the wildest stories in HISTORY......CSI should start to investigate now.

The other night I promised a recipe for very unhealy potaote salad m but fell asleep before I could type it...so here goes: to a large bowl of boiled, cooled and sliced or cube potatoes...add the grease from one pound of bacon, cooked very crisp. Pour in slowly and keep tossing to cover the potatoes equally. The chop up the crispy bacon and toss with the potatoes. Add salt and fresh(has to be fresh ground black pepper) Add half a cup of finely chopped parsley. Now you can stop there and it is delicious...But we can keep going and add two chopped fine hard boiled eggs, one large red pimento, in little pieces, celery seeds. To make it more outrageous you can add come small capers, chopped pimento olives, an very very fine chopped celery....

This story begins when I was 18, in Lexington Kentuky when I befriended my first black friend JAmes Richard Campbell,who stayed close..untill his death a few years ago. I learned a lot from Jim....I learned all about race relations, which I was very naive to prior. I learned how to cook soul food. and I learned a new kind of sense of humor, that I had soon adapted to, and still use till this day. I learned a new type of kindness....I was exposed to antiques, and a new social way of behaving...and he also wasnt afraid to tell me when I was wrong, and show me the right way to do things...in many aspects......
Jim was a master story teller....He seemed to know everyone who was anyone in town, and the scandals they were involved with... I met some very very outrageous people thru him, that are still up front in my memory banks... He once took me to down town Lexington to Laffayette Galleries....a very snooty, elegant store on the main drag, that was filled with expensive antiques of all types, glassware....etc...and was Set up as a gallery, not an antique store..Everything was in its exact place. I was so very impressed...and have thought about it untill this day....but then, if an angel would have whispered in my ear and told me I would have a store, with better stuff and ten to 20 times the size, I might have just died there on the spot.
One of Jims funny stories was that the PRESIDENT of a relgious College in Lexington had a very formal president, who son was a big fat Queen. One day Jim was invited to the presidents house for dinner... They all sat in the formal living room.. The FAT son came into the room and flopped himself down on the sofa...after a while the presidents wife asked "WHERE IS PINKY" (their pet Mexican Minature Chiauwawa (i Know its spelled wrong) To speed up the story, the dog used to hid under pillows....and the fat son, sat on the poor dog and crushed it to death. Its very sad...yes,but when Jim told a story, he played the part of each participant...the WIFE, the President, The FAT QUEEN SON, and even the dog....he had me in stiches and I never forgot the story.
I used to go down town drinking and meet people from town...not just the kids at college. I used to go to the BAR at the HOTELS....one place was very elegant...and they had a piano player there that looked like a young Roger MOORE>....named Jack Bailey.....we eventually became friends....and after college, flew down to his wedding (that lasted 6 months) ..I had to buy a ticket, rent a car...stay at Jims house and Drive to the Church far away at HARRODSBEURG KENTUCKY... The invitation said that I was invited (of course) to the reception after the service. I was starving..by the time the wedding was over, and looking forward to a good buffet of southern cooking....well, the reception consited of a glass of champagne and ONE FUCKING COOKIE. I flew from NJ, rented a car, drove for an hour for a glass of CHAMPAGEN and one fucking cookie....and guess what..the damn marrigae only lasted 6 months.....
I want to mention two other very insane character from Lexington.....that are almost famous...well, down there at least..in those days. One character was SWEET EVENING BREEZE a World WAR ONE NURSE, who was still at the GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL (but in what capapcity I dont know) HE...was famous for putting on drag shows to raise money for charity for churches and even the police.....and a living Legened in those parts.....(I will at another time discuss various scandals and wht the interior oh his house looked like-a cross between scary..and tacky) The other character was the very first person who ever said hello to me when I got off the train for the first time in LEXINGTON.. It was HENRY FAULKER who, is now a very famous artist....very expensive and very dead. He was a very dizzy person....who finally, walked in front of a truck and killed.....how sad.. He was famous around down for his bizarre behavior, his art, his bleach blond curly hair...and the animals he lived with. YES...he lived in a house with a goat, a raccoon, a three legged dogs, cats, other dogs and other creatures of the forest. Rumor has it tht he used to invite people over to his house to have sex with his goat.. If you can bring up any of his artwork on the computer...you will see his goat immortalized in many of his paintings.....(this is all true)
Now that you have all this background information.....here is the reason I prefaced this with the above. A lady wants to sell me a bunch of stuff, inluding a table from PLEASANT HILL LENTUCKY, which was a Shaker COmmunity that I had visited three times in my life, and was in awe of it. She told me that her grandfather and great grandfather...held the mortgage on it and they help the SHakers finantially. The Shakers gave her family lots of furniture...I told her I just loved that place...she then told me that she was the very first guide there in 1967,,,,,,I went on to tell her How I loved it.....and graduated from UN of KY....she said she was from HARRODSBURG.....and I then asked....if she happen to knwo back then JACK BAILEY...she screamed and said You mean the piano player....and I said yes...and we said OMG a few times..what a small world.....then she mentioned other things about LExington and she brought up something about TRANSYLVANIA COLLEGE...and I asked if she knew about the story of the DOG...which she couldnt belive that I knew...she said it now has become an URBAN LEGEND.....and she also knew about SWEET EVENINGBREEZE and HENRY FAULKER>...and continue to laugh...what a small world this is.....and it SURE IS.

No comments: