Saturday, November 7, 2009

Xmas Carols &ads, Snail COuc COUS,Impossible customers&pain

I aleady have heard Xmas songs, Smas Ads, and other references to the holidaies... It really started while we were still in OCtober.....but I kept forgetting to write about it.. Am I too ciritial, or does such an early begining take the excitment and feeling out of the holiday.????
I think if it was for the Religous aspect...the spiritual aspect..I would not be kvetching about it.. Evn though I am JEWISH, I repsect the teachings...and attiude of Jesus..where he lived or not isnt even important...but who ever create the message attribute to him...had great ideas...If the world would only adhere to them.
But hearing the WALMART and LOWES JINGLES in October....doesnt nothing for my spiritual sensitivity. Jesus,Mary and Joseph and the Wise men...had nothing to do with Toasters and Ipods and Wiis and computers nad HD TVS...

Tonight I created a new dish, based on some old ingredients....Snail COUS COUS. Now do not say yeech...until you try it...Cook a cup of cous cous according to the directrions..put aside. Melt 1/4 pound of butter. Add salt and pepper, cinnamon, chopped parsely and two cloves of grated garlic. Sautee in a pan on a low flame, untill the garlic is soft,but not burned. Put in a can of snails and cook until they are warm. Add a few tablespoon of chicken broth, pour of warmed cous cous..and top with finely chopped parsely.....you might want to add a bit of hot sauce... And that is it...Its great.
I am really getting to be a real bitch. I have no patience for people. Two old farts in theri 80's wanted to buy a nite stand. Nothing was good enough....when they finally found one, $150 dollars was "way too much money''''''we ony wnat to put stuff in it" well, isnt what one does with the nite stand..? Then they picked out a solid brass torch lamp for 90 dollars...which was astronimcialy too much for them..and these epople were rich..They were dressed incredibly, and her diamonds reminded me of one of our chandliers.....
Another woman, wanted a table for her son (who was forty and still breast fed) I think....She picked out a table from the late 1600's/early 1700's..And the price almost caused a coronary. JOhn gave her a tour of the store....She then found a very nice bamboo and black laquer and enameled magazine rack for 145...which was rediculous,, even though it was from 1870. I mentioned an inexpensive Dinette et in MAHWAH that was within her budget.....she said I should go get it in MAHWAH and bring it to HOHOKUS...then she would look at it..she had not time to go to MAHWAH ..which was only 8 minutes away...this bitch was a nasty nasty woman, very self important.
But the higlite of nastyness of the day was this Woman Dr who came to the last auction.....the one who offered 500 for a ten thousand dollar rug...and when I said no, we need 1000, she nastily said "well then keep it"
Well today was two weeks since the auction. Shew bouht a fabulous mirror that came form up the street.....from an estate. SHe came back saying "YOU put tape on the mirror" She pulled out the mirror, and I saw that there was gold and paint missing for the frame..now she picked p this mirror in daylight..and the missing gold and paint was not missing when she left.
She obviously pulled off tape which dmamged the mirror..SHe shuld have used a product to melt the gooey stuff...called" GOOF OFF. T When I said we didnt put any tape on the mirror(which we didnt) shw started screaming "ARE YOU ACCUSING ME" I only said they are not out mirriors and we didnt put anything on it... They she yelled it was my job to tell the people there was a piece of tape on the mirror"I explained that that isnt the job of the auctioneer....people are supposed to check out the merch and then bid what they feel its worth.....she didn bother comeing early enought to check things out....The terms of auction is people buy things where is , as is..all sales final......
She continued to get nasty......then said she wold never come back.....even though...she paid almsot nothing for anything... ALL she had to do was to be nice, and tell us she had a problem, and we wold have touched it up for us....but she started off on the wrong foot...NASTY>
And finally, something is wrong with my knees..maybe my feet too? I can hardly walk.The pain is very bad..MONDAY I am gong to a dr......

No comments: