Thursday, March 25, 2010

Warrant for My Arrest, & other depressing nonsense,Closing Store

Glen went to the Doctor in Livingston.....a policement stopped him, and both were surprised to find out that he didnt have his insurance cad with him(the VAn was insured,but he didnt have a current card) and he didnt have the car registered. Luckily, the cop was a decent fellow and didnt tow the van, but issued two tickets!! And a court appearance was necessary. I dont know why, all i had to do was to pay the fines...but OH NO, they have to break peoples balls..so the courts can make more money..AND THE OWENR OF THE BUSINESS HASS TO APPEAR.
jOPHN SAID HE WOULD GO TO THE COURT cLERK AND TRY TO TAKE CARE OF IT..gLEN TOLD ME THAT THE COURT WAS TODAY. WELL...JOhn too off yesterday...had the tickets....and was incommunicado. To make a long story longer...the court was YESTERDAY AND A WARRANT FOR MY ARREST WAS ISSUED.
JOHN CALLED AND WENT DOWN TO POST THE BALL OF 500. THEY WOULDNT TAKE A CREDIT CARD OR CHECK..HE WENT TO THE BANK TO GET CASH... took a while, but when he returned, they wouldnt take cash unles he had a photo ID? I cannot understnad that one at all. we wanted to give them the cash they wanted!!!!! I am sure he very politely questioned the person, who then called for a Supervisor...who then, realizing that here was a person, who missed the court, (for illnes?????) and the very next day called..and immediately wanted to correct the situation.....well, they then said BAIL wasnt needed!!! But I still have to go to COurt next WEDNESDAY. SHIT!!!
I must admit, I almost got a kick out of calling up everyone and telling them there is a warrant out for my arrest....I should have found out what they serve in jail..maybe the food and accomoations in LIVINGSTON might be better than here./????and for free?
Two of the guys went up to MAHWAH and continued packing things..as we want to be out of there so he can rent the building as of APRIL 1st. I think almost everything of value, that we arent going to send to auction is out...and by tomorrow...hopefully that will be done. They we will pack, and bring things to an auction...and another Episode in the Life and Times of Grannys Attic will be a MEMORY..and we have photos to look back on. Of the good times and the bad times..The People we knew, the auctions we had....the employees, the indescressions....the fun and horrors. I think back now that one of the most schocking things that happened, is when I was talking to my freind BABUSHKA BOB ALBRRECT, another dealer...and serious "character", a Chinese BABY braoke loose from her mothers grip, and ran out into the road, and was struck by an oncoming car, who couldnt see the little girl. The impact sound, reverberated in my head for weeks. I woke up in the middle of the night, hearing the thud in my dream.
When interviewed by both police and TV Newsmen, I told them there was a green lite...because I was facing it when the girl ran out...and I knew for that split second, the car wouldnt stop and the girl would die. Two seconds of horro, that seemed like an hour. Because of my interview, I started getting death threats by phone....because they wanted to blame the driver.
The accident claimed two lives. The Cute little girl, and the Driver. He had just recovered from heart surgery, and had a heart attack, a few weeks after the accident.So there was no trial, and two families were in mourning. I didnt sleep for two months. Richy, ran down the street with a blanket I gave him and covered the girl..and I am sure, he had nightmares for months too. BOB, died about two years later of LUKEMIA at age 32. His sotry is another story, but not for tonight....He was one of the most colorful of all characters...
So for the past few days, stress had been building up.. And since I do not take tranquelizers, i have started slipping from my diet....and today...I ate almost an entire pizza at KINCHLEYS.....I dont know if it wasnt as good as usual, or I am looing my sense of taste...

No comments: