Wednesday, December 31, 2008

happynewyear

Happy 09, Happy year of the Obama. Happy Year of the George Ectomy. We enter, not only a new year, but a new Administration and hopefully we might begin an upward spiral economically, morally, spiritually and emotionally.
IN 20 days, we hopefully will eliminate the CANCEROUS BUSH Legacy, that put not only America in the toilet.....but the entire world. THE greed and evility of CORPORATE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX IS STAGGERING.....IT IS VERY SIMPLE, THE MID EASTERN WAR...WAS PLANNED FOR EXXON MOBILE, HALLEBURTON AND OTHER BIG COMPANIES. THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES MAKING TOO MUCH MONEY, WHILE PEOPLE DIE FROM NOT BEING ABLE TO AFFORD MEDICINES.. even though they get government grants to develope these drugs. And the sadness of untol thousands of people who areloosing their homes......while the government helps giant companies....with out tax money, but let individuals loose their homes and bsuinesses.....while CEO from this giant corporations..get Million dollar and more bonuses....and when BANKS were asked where the billions went that they were given for the BAIL OUT...they have no answer....THIS IS MADDENING..... and then MADOFF was able to steal 90 BILLION DOLLARS>..my GOD, he is not in jail......but living with a bracelet ...in his 100 million dollar apartment.....with his maids, champagne and fine food...THIS IS JUSTICE? They put a kid in jail for marijuana....or stealing something at the mall.But steal BILLIONs, they slap your wrist...AM I MISSING SOMETHING????
NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS? WELL, SINCE I DONT DRINK,SMOKE OR DO DRUGS.....I DO NOT HAVE TO PROMISE MYSELF TO STOP ANY OF THOSE....BUT I MIGHT TRY TO GET THE ENERGY TO LOOSE WEIGHT.....WOULD BE GOOD FOR MY HEALTH....AND TRYING TO FIND A GOOD CHARITY TO SUPPORT......
I( am going to try to begin writing my blog,k and bring it back...funnier, more eloquent, better written...and more filled with piss and vinegar, venom,humor, insights.....I think that there is a touch of depression running thru my veins, which sucks the energy and desire to write.
Tomorroe....we are having our annual JAN 1 NOSH_A_THON...we have a sale and feed gthe people......but even my creativity in the kitchen has taken the same road..as my blog....The energy to cook, the creativity of inventing new recipes, the balance of flavors, seem to emulate the same loss..as my writing my blog. AND so goes my poetry..as my blog and food goes...so does my poetry. I think that it has been a very long time, since I wrote my last verse... I think that I need a vacation...so I get my energy,and creativity back.
I just too a nice brown turkey out of the oven....then I whipped up a batch of chinese butter chicken....a simple but delicious recipe...tha can be made in minutes...Cut chicken breasts in bite size pieces...dust with curry powder, salt,garlic powder..let set for 5 min.. The sautee in your favorite oil. When all sides are white, melt two 1/4 pound sticks of butter. When melted (at a low heat) add a tablespoon or more of curry powder, some more garlic powder ( a chopped onion is optional) Then add one large can of tomatoe puree.SAutee a a low heat until chick is tender....(taste test...add more of anything if needed) Serve over rice cooked with a bit of onion and garlic....and a few threads of saffron.
Then I made a simple Spaghetti with cheese,brocolii,sweet carrots. Drain spaghetti, add 8 to 18 oz of grated cheese, garlic powder, milk, parsley, salt and pepper...Heat till a creamy texture and add cooked chopped broccoli and shredded cooked carrots and peas....
Slice four pounds of Kelbasy..thin.. Add one large can of sauerkruat, cup of water, tablespoon of carroway seeds.....(sliced onion optional) bake in oven at low heat....Can of diced tomatoes optionals...
Large can of clams(industrial size) sauteed 6 cloves of garlic in olive oil...add a can of diced tomatoes, and add clams and sautee over a low heat for 20 min. Add oregano, parlsey...pepper...add tomatoe puree..test for garlic salt and pepper....thin out if needed with clam juice.. Serve over favorite pasta..
Boil miniature raviolis...(two pounts) drain... Added your favorite tomatoe sauce(premade) Victoria Brand is excellent) Add can of diced tomaotes....if for vegetarian....just add 8 oz of grated cheese and bake.....if not vegetarian,,,,add a pound or half pound of groud sauage and toss....
We are serving a simple roast turkey and sliced spiral ham....
A beet salaD...three cans of sliced beets drained.. half an onion chopped, bunch of dill finely chopped, one or two cloves of garlic, pinch of powdered cloves, salt and pepper, table spoon of balsamic or apple cider vinegar...toss and marinate for 30 min....then add a cup of yo..gurt...
Gorganzola cheese dressing for mixed salad;;;; Equal parts of mayo,sour cream and yogurt.. few cloves of garlice, salt pepper, shopped parsely...and 1/4 pound of crumbled gorgenzola cheese.....Let sit for at least an hour before serving....

No comments: