Saturday, August 29, 2009

Aug 29th, A day I cant forget

Sherry Katz was a friend of mine....She was an antique and art dealer,Mother, Wife, lover, psychologist, alcoholic, and tortured soul. She was so much like Rosalind Russel in Aunty Mame... The same look, the same voice, the same warmth. We could talk about anything....from intellectual to our sexual encounters. Nothing was out of bounds....there was a bond between us....that was amazing. We shared each others most intimate secrets.
WHen my store was destoryed by a flood, right have I bought my house.and completly gutted it...she kept me together by saying...is ok, take it one day at a time. I would be over two years before I could rebuilding my store, and get money to finish my hosue and move in..ONE DAY AT A TIME... The phrase from AA....Alcoholics Anonymous...And it kept me going....until time passed and I was able to achieve my goals...unfortunatley she died and never saw my house..
I was told that she had a stroke, but I think that she took her own life...becuase she had mentioned that 2 other family members died on AUG 29....I dont think it was a co incidence.
I never forget this day....nor the love that I had for her...Today is 39 years since she died...and, the song that was our song,"Bridge Over Troble Waters" is still our song.......and brings me to tears, when ever I hear it.

No comments: