Saturday, August 22, 2009

Response to Cactus Photo & poem, I await another bloom




Last night, after i wrote the poem and added photos, and emailed to my friends and followers, i was surprised at the response. It musthave hit home emotionally with a lot of people, who wrote emails of approval.
I must admit, as being part human...I do enjoy public approval. Compliments are as important to our soul, as food is needed for sustenance of our body. So, I felt very good getting emails of praise, just as a dog wags its tail when its own talks in an approving way....so I guess I was waggin my psychologlical tail all day.
I woke up this morning, startled to find the flower already closed....and its beauty, that grace the world last night, was now over. It was a short and very sweet existence...and that made me sad for a moment. The large but had closed. by 8 in the morning....which gave its openlife only 12 hours at most..and as little as 6, depending exactly when it opened and when it closed.
I was telling my customers about it...at the end of the day, the last person to leave, asked me about how old the plant is. I said about 7 years. She said, you know, when the sun goes down, and the moon comes up, and the temperatire declines, the flower will bloom again...It might bloom for a month this way.
I was so happy, that Imight have a chance to see this gorgeous flower once again open up and share with us, its beauty,I was also shocked this morning,,,,thinking, if I didnt fall asleep in the store, I owul never have seen the flower... open at all.
There is something very magic about all this..The photos intodays blog show the flower closed...the mystery arisses if the flower will again bloom, to amaze me and anyone who crosses its path, in reality or cyber space.

No comments: