Saturday, October 3, 2009

I MADE THE GOAT CHEESE/ANCHOVIE PASTA/new polenta

LOOKING back into the past brought up the memory of the anchovie goat cheese pasta dinner, that scared me.....I kept thinkin gabout it and last night bought the ingredients...and tonight, I was surprised by the outcome.
First the recipe thatI used(came straight from my brain) I mashed up a large clove of garlic, and put it into a soup bowl with maybe 1/8 of a cup of virgin olive oil...then added pepper(NO SALT) I mashed up three anchovies into a paste and added that to the olive oil...i then put the oil mixture into the microwave for 2 minutes...then added two ounces of creamy goat cheese. mix it for a few minutes and then added a tablespoon of small capers.....
I pour that over a bowl of linguini.... To my surprise I didnt gag. I was waiting apprehensively for the bad taste to set in. IT DIDNT! It was delicious....It didnt taste fishy, or goatlike. It was fabulous.
I am going to make it again and increase the anchovies and goat cheese....I will first double the amount of each..and see what happens.. Anyway....I am over my fear of both goat cheese and anchovies....(and together-wow)

The store was filled with people today.....to bad they were all on welfare..Very few people wanted anything.....They all got out alive..I didnt kill anyone today...I was even nicer than usual.....I am practicing being nice to customers(who do not deserve it) Maybe it might pay off...but I hate being a phony.....

Polenta is one of the dishes that can have a million different recipes.....and toppings.... Tonight I made a polenta...vegetarian...with fresh corn and tiny peas, a hint of harlic, and chopped pimentos.....Very simple....and tasty... can be eaten as is or can have toppings. I am working on a topping of peas in cream, a pinch of nutmeg and dried MINT.....salt and pepper.

No comments: