Friday, October 2, 2009

Pasta Ala Mama, GoatCheese & anchovies tomorrow

I am always talking food..so when I was posting an ad for the store in STATEN ISLAND, I started being silly and my post said" YO TONY and Vinnie, come to the store this weekend and try some of my mothers GRAVY..that she used to cook for six hours..with steak bones, sausage and meatballs...nice and thick......" Staten Island has lots of Italian people who shop here...so I got very Italian....well, right now, as I sit here and blog...I have a pot of "gravy" with three types of tomatoes and sauce...bones, sausage and homemade meatballs......are cooking..in a thick iron pot...will cook for many hours...slowly at 300 degrees. Flavors will blend......

In my blog the other day, I rambled on about how a poor family invited me to dinner. Of all the things that I hated...to eat...that disgusted me...were goat cheese and anchovies...well, that is what the mother made that night...Goat cheese and anchovies sauce over pasta....I was afraid to eat it.....and was worried I might gag at the table...I did survive the ordeal.....and it wasnt that bad.... 45 years passed...when I remebered that day.....I have been thinking of it for a few days and tonight, at STOP AND SHOP, I bought a tin of anchovies, and a container of goat cheese and tomorrow, I am going to make the same sauce...and eat the meal...that humbled me years ago. I am wondering if my sense of taste has changed since then. I learned to love blue cheee,avocados and yogurt..since then... and I am hoping I will now like the combination...
I even tried buttermile last year....Buttermilk was the only food i the world (outside of things like worms, or cheese with maggots in it or other very woerd things)...that would make me gag JUST THINKING ABOUT IT. i FORCED MYSELF TO DRINK SOME... I DIDNT LIKE IT... BUT I DIDNT GAG OR PUKE..... it was just funky.......
I find it funny what items freak people out. I had a frIEnd named DAVID, who gaged from beets. TAo him beets were as disgusting as eating cat shit. I even had a freind who didnt like apples...I thought EVERYONE LOVED APPLES.. hOW INOCUOUS...oTHER PEOPLE HATE MUSHROOMS(i LOVE THEM) AND CHEESE,(i LOVE IT) SOME PEOPLE HATE ALL SEAFOOD....CAN YOU IMAGINE HATING LOBSTER....CAN YOU IMAGINE THROWING UP FROM EATING PEAS? PEOPLE ARE WIERD.....BUT TASTE IS LIKE ALLERGIES....YOU DONT CHOOSE THEM, THEY CHOOSE YOU.....
WELL, I AM SO WIERD...I LIKE LIVER AND VARIOUS OTHER PARTS OF ANIMALS..LIKE BRAINS AND EGGS, STEAK AND KIDNEY PIE(IF MADE RIGHT) THE KIDNEY MUST BE RINSED AND CLEANED AND WASHED CORRECTLY OR IT TASTES LIKE PIS.
I AM VERY LUCKY...I LOVE EVERYTHING AND STILL I DO NOT WEIGH 1000POUNDS. BUT I MUST GO ON A DIET...OR ELSE, I WILL EVENTUALLY EXPLODE!!!!!

No comments: