Monday, November 15, 2010

Woke up in the mornging with a cough...OY, Bronchitis

I was coughing my brains out all day. finally I sent for some 12 hour cough syrup..which stops the cough for ten minutes....IT DOENST WORK. I COOKED A HUGE 7 POUND CHICKEN....INTO A POT OF CHICKEN SOUP WHICH IS IN ALL THE MEDICAL BOOKS SINCE THE 1600'S AND IT DIDNT WORK EITHER.....SO, I SIT UP LATE, DRINKING ORANGE JUICE TRYING TO FORCE MY IMMUNE SYSTEM TO STOP THE COUGH.
SOMETIMES ICANT BREATHE.....AND ONE, WHEN I WAS SHOPPING FOR THE CHICKEN...I COUGHED SO HARD HAT I ALMSOT BLACKED OUT.....BUT THERE IS NO FEVER, MY CHEST ISNT REALLY FILLED, NOR MY NOSE AND HEAD..ONLY MY THROAT AND LAYRYNX.....
BY TOMORROW THE CHOICE IS THIS....EITHER IS WIL BE GONE, OR I WILL HAVE PNEUMONIA AND GO TO THE HOSPITAL FOR SHOTS. I REALLY DONT EVEN FEEL SICK...JUST CANT BREATHE..

nOTHING EXCITING HAPPENIN THE STORE TODAY..YES, THERE WERE SOM ENICE SALES, THE PEOPLE WERE NORMAL...CAN MAKE FUN OF THEM......BUT JUST A BORING,BUT DECENT DAY, HALF OF WHICH..I SPENT COUGHING....AND APOLOGIZING T O CUSTOMERS..

i MUST SLEEP SOON, BUT ANOTHER MEGA CHURCH IN ATLANTA HAS A GAY SCANDLE...I LOVE IT, BUT THIS ONE...WAS VOLUNTARILY...THE MINISTER, WAS SO MOVED BY ALL THE GAY YOUNG SUICIDES, THAT HE...TWICE MARRIED WITH 4 KIDS...CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET, AND WANTS TO BE INVOLVED WITH MAKING GREAT CHANGES IN THE EDUCATION OF THE WORLD......IF YOU HAD RAD MY FACE BOOK SUGGESTIONS.....I SAID IT MUST START IN THE CHURCH....WELL, someone was listening....This is a very brave man, who is takign the chance of sacrificing his own career, family and freinds....to save others....THIS IS THE MOST CHRISTIAN ACT I AM SURE HE EVER DID.....ANI AWARD HIM THE MAURY ALAN LUBMAN MEDAL OF BRAVERY......Despite feeling called by God to spread the gospel, he lived a lie for decades, fearing that the truth would not set him free, as John the Apostle promised, but ruin his life and his devotion to preaching.

Bishop Jim Swilley founded a Greater Atlanta house of worship in 1985 that has grown into a mega-church. He married twice and fathered four children. He traveled the country giving sermons about Christ and Christian love, but kept secret his own feelings on human desires.

But on a recent Wednesday night, he stepped out of the closet while sitting in the pulpit of his 1,200-member, nondenominational Evangelical church and announced he was gay -- something he said he neither chose nor spoke about for most of his 52 years. Some walked out. Many others stayed.

WSB-TV
Jim Swilley, bishop of Church in the Now near Atlanta, said he hopes his coming out will change attitudes toward homosexuality.
Swilley said he wanted to change hateful bullying and intolerance of homosexuals. He wanted people to know that, at least for him, it was not a choice or a calling.

"There are two things in my life that are an absolute," he told his flock. "I did not ask for either one of them; both of them were imposed upon me, I had no control over either of them. One was the call of God on my life ... and the other thing ... was my sexual orientation."

It was the recent series of suicides by gay teens that pushed him to stop living a lie, Swilley told NPR. He was especially compelled by the story of Tyler Clementi, a Rutgers University freshman who jumped off the George Washington Bridge after his roommate and a friend allegedly live-streamed video of a sexual encounter between a man and Clementi.

"I would hear people nearly imply that he deserved it -- you know, people would say he shouldn't have been in an act of perversion," Swilley told the public radio network. "And when I started hearing that, especially from people who professed to be Christ-like, I don't know. Something changed."

In the videotaped address to his followers, Swilley said he had recently told his parents and his children, and they stood behind him. He said his wife of 21 years, Debye, had known before they were married, but loved him anyway. The couple separated more than a year ago, but she remains an associate pastor at their cathedral in Conyers, Church in the Now, about 25 miles east of Atlanta.

And it was Debye who told him he should come clean and follow the church's motto of "real people experiencing a real God in the real world," Swilley told WSBTV in Atlanta.

He said he's received some sharply negative reactions. "I know all the hateful stuff that's being written about me online, whatever," he said. "To think about saving a teenager, yeah, I'll risk my reputation for that.

Sponsored Links "As a father," Swilley said through tears, "thinking about your 16-, 17-year-old killing themselves, I thought somebody needed to say something."

The pastor also said he wanted to clear up some rumors. He had not left his wife for another man, he told his congregation, which included a smiling and applauding Debye. His situation was not similar to Eddie Long, another mega-church pastor in Atlanta.

Long, an anti-gay preacher, has been sued by four young men who claim he coerced them into sex with lavish trips, gifts and jobs. Long denies the accusations.

"My position is not about gaying up the church," Swilley told CNN. "It's about people being who they are."
Filed under: NationTagged: gay mega-church pastor, gay pastor, jim swilley, mega-church

No comments: