Thursday, March 19, 2009

Life is a Reality Show without a host!!

Tonight, JOhn and I went for a ride to a dealers home, who took us to an 18,000 sq ft antique mansion that was under renovation. This is no ordinary renovation. The present owner bought it from the bank, when it forclosed on its former owner...But while the home was still in the former owners possession, and after he finally came to the realization, he was going to loose the home to the bank, took a sledge hammer...and destroyed as much of it as he could.
He demolished all the bathrooms, kitchesn windows, most architectual things..which would have in cluded columns, fireplaces, walls,...etc It was told to me that it was A Georgian Mansion, where the front and back were more or less equal..and you culd come in the front and run striaght out thru the back. I ddint argue with the new owner..who is very full of himself....and part pathologically consfused person.....and sometimes, when he told outrageous stories...I would sear his nose started growing a few inches.....and then receded....
The house(mansion) looked like it started out as a large Dutch Colonial Home....18th C style...and then each generation kept adding and adding on to it...He had worked on it for 3 years straight, but the magnitude of the projected was overwhelming...and I think he now wants to sell the place. This is why we went there, to try and make some type of deal, or begin negotiations to take someof the items on consignment. But the stories...accompanied each item, were haerd to listen to with a straight face. I had to leave the room, when a very strange Duncan Phyfe style sofa c 1920-40.....had belonged to IMELDA MARCOS....(Paleese---did he really expect me to belive that?) The sofa was covered with leather ..cream colored, with some kind of gold embroidery...very tacky, but NOT TACKEY enough...for Imelda Marcos.... Every thing had some kind of story..either very high value, or it belonged to some famous person or royalty.....
Now my friend who shall remain name less, told me that the owner is supposed to be very rich...and into real estate, but a man of mystery...He doesnt drive, and hasnever been seen with or near a car. He for 12 years has talked of his wife, but hername is never mentioned and no one has ever seen her....and no one knows exactlyh where this guy lives. He cannot live in hte mansion..there is no heat or running water....
All we got was an hour full of stories in a mansion, whose potential was fabulous, but whose lack of heat, chilled us to the bone. No deal was made or proposed....but I am sure, something will develope...eventually. The man must have had twenty or more sofas in the house that he wanted to sell......and the stories got crazier with each sofa, until one in dark red velvet was custom made for 30,000 dollars....(and the moon is made of green cheese)

My friend was telling me that he might give me his Lincoln soon, because he might get another ROLLS ROYCE.... He already has one because an auctioneer who went bankrupt owed him 250,000 and coulnt pay...and he had to take this ROLLS Convertible....as part of the payoff.. But now the story getting sicker... I have heard from him, for 16 years of the "PRIEST" who buys the most outrageous and ewxpensive art and antiques from him. He lets the priest pay these things off.. Well after all these years, the Church found out he was putting his hand into the til...and the basket....and the poor box and any place his cant can be put...(but no allegations yet of into peoples underwear)... He owes my friend 300,000 dollars..WOW, and he went to jail.. Well, not really Jail, place for naughty priests.....instead of jail, they lock him up somewhere upstand and make him stand on his head while repeating a million HAIL MARYS.......his purchase of a brand new ROLLYS ROYCE finally tipped of the CHURCH that something wasnt KOSHER....priests just cant buy ROLLS ROYCES...unless their last name was Rockerfella or MADOFF....and he was sent off to Catholic Camp for Wayward Priests......so Elliot said, he was offered a payoff...take the new ROLLS.
Now this may sound like sour grape...but I dont like the new ones. I like the old ones...that were big and square and elegant...A royal COACH..the NEW ONES look like almost any other car...except for the INSIGNIA and price tag.....of around 250,000.
And again, this may sound like sour grapes...but I wouldnt want any of them. I think I am too humble to ride around in one of them........as if it a status symbol saying look at me...I am a big deal.....Royalty....Rich...Important......ANd I do not want people to look at me because of a car...or wealthy....I would much rather them look up to me becuase they like me, or my poetry, or other accomplishments...or charity...... I do drive a nice used CADDY..but almost anyone can b y a used Caddilac, so there is no big deal about prestige in one that is 8 years old.....Its nice, but its not showing off....I learned humility from my father......and people liked him because he was a good kind man...and that is what is important in life.

No comments: