Tuesday, March 17, 2009

NewrecipeS:101 things to DO with a Plaintain..My Poetry

Last night I forgot to give the begining of recipes that I will invent, or re=create from other recipes....Using the PLAINTAIN.....the plantain is a banana of sorts...and there are many kinds, I have found out..but its not the sugary sweet ones we are used to...The Chicquita Banana...that we find green and then ripens in a few days to be deliciously sweet..and when it is almost brown and bad..its at its hight of tasty ness...
The Plaintain is its huge cousin, that seems to stay green longer, is vey less sweet, even when it turns yellow and has less taste. It has so manyu different uses than its sweet cousin. The recipe I will give here is a combo of CUBA or Puerto Rican Fried platano (sweet or green) and a sauce from INdonesia. Here goes. I sliced up a plaintain that was semi ripe..Not green and not mushy soft. I dipped it in flour with salt, pepper, and garlic powder added.....after a quick bath in a bowl of beaten egg. The flour and spices adhered nicely to the plaintain...and I fried it in vegtable oil. Then put it on a paper towel to drain it of its oil.
I made a qucik peanut sauce by adding two tablespoons of peanut butter, 4 tablespoons of water, a splash of soy sauce, 1.4 teaspoon garlic powder, and a few drops of tobasco...(you can use chili oil too) Heat in microwave for 30 secs to a min...and then beat with a fork till smooth. Serve the sauce warm... dip in the fried banana...and that's all folks. Its delicious.
You can alter the taste and add curry powder to the flour and to the peanut sauce..to give it an INDIAN FLAIR. You can make a wet batter by adding a bit of oil and beaten egg and milk to the fluor and spices.....dip the banana in the batter and then into a bowl of grated and shredded coconut and then fry...
A great dipping sauce can be the peanut...but try this one...
Put a few tablespoons of Orange Marmalade in a microvable bowl. Add soy sauce, hot sauce, and garlic powder ( and a few drops of vinegar) beat till smooth...make it yet straner by adding grated ginger or horseradish...
The plantain is so verf versitile....for example, there is a dish called MAFONGO....it is consisted of boiled mashed plantain, and chopped meat, and all kinds of oils and spices...I have eaten it in the Dominican Republic....but never cooked it.ANd one of my projects for this week is to get a recipe...Another one using the Palintain is in a sterw or a soup made with TRIPE. Now I cannot say that tripe is one of my favoarite foods, but this soup whose name is very similar to Monfongo..(and it skips my brain for a moment) is delicious..Besides the banana and tripe, there are all kinds of things floating around like chunks of corn on the cob, root veggies like Yuca,Pumpkin,celery, sweet potatoe, green pepper,Onion,garlic, and I guess, what ever else is available....so everyones recipe will be different...and each homemakers or chefs recipe might vary with the season...and availibilty......This too, will be one of my project this week to remember the name...and find its recipe and varients...
I am into my fourth or fifth day using FACEBOOK..Its somwhat confusing...becuase the number of people on it grows daily....you get mail from friends, and friends of friends, and relatives and friends of relatives.. Soon, ther emight be so manypeople sending info across the cyber network, that there will be no time to go to work, or sleep or eat....just keep reading and answering everything. It get recidulous. It seems that some people have to write down what they do every day. They go to work, they go to their kids school,. they went shopping, they went to the hairdresser, then the dentist, then the foot Dr, then the ASS DR, then the Vet....and details...my dog shit on my friend lawn and I cleanit it up, then I went ot the movie and peed in myh pants becuase it was so funny I couldnt stop laughing...then I had a diverticulous attack from eating the popcorn...and my friend called she had a hangnail,....Please....I am getting mail from people that I dont know, or cant remember that I know. Now I am not going to be a spoil sport, and will continue with this and see how it plays out.. I cold invite everyone over for coffee and cake... What if 17 million people show up and I dont have enough Splenda and cream for all the coffee..and I might have to order more chairs...
Today business was slow, but we made on sale of significance...but buying was good. I guess every one was out chasing Leprechauns, or drinking, or eating corn beef and cabbage, or drinking, or eating food that was dyed green..like bagels, jello,cookies and cakes, and green Humantashen left over fromIrish Purim.....I am sure the bars were swinging and the streets of NYC were aglow in Green everything..the Parade and all of its festivities made the city one large party...and it is rumored that some of the Nuns at St PAtrick Cathedral, dyed their hair green and were wearing green panties under their habits....to attract Leprechauns who are purportedly extra horney on this day....as are the nuns...and they just might be doing things under the sheets...more than searching for flour leaf clovers....(if the last few lines offended anyone...please, you can call this following number to report me 1-800-POPES-Kvetch Line.
We bought from a "picker today" A lovely pair of GREEN LEATHER high back Queen Ann Office arm chairs by Hanock and MOORE, a pair of brown leaher Deco Tub Chairs, a pair of KNOLL Chrome VINTAGE armchairs(tufted) a banded inlaid straight leg Chippendale style HENDREDON WRITING TABLE. a pair of LenoxPink and WHite Deco style NEOCLASSIC Lamps, 6 older repro CHippendale Dinign Room chairs and the star of the package, is a fabulous Vintage Italian "Pot Belly BOMBE BAR" in patchwookd Olive wood, with a fabuloous mirroredback bar, with shell carving on top...I will put up a photo tomorrow....I have never see one of these ever...and I missed one item. a 30 year old, fabulous reproduction of a mirrored Victorian hallstand in white, with huge pegs to hang hats and coats...The buying today was better than the selling.
IO am getting very sleepy an will continue this tomorrow...I close with a blessing for all the friends and family on face book...and since blessings are a commodity that we need more of....I send my blessing to all on the planet... Hey, you never know, some of it just might work>

No comments: