Monday, March 16, 2009

St Patricks DAY, Grandmas Yarzeit, My Neices Birthday,and the title is FIXED

(PLEASE FOR GIVE THE SPELLING AND GRAMMAR IN THE FOLLOWING BLOG...I WAS TO LAZY AND TIRED TO USE SPELL CHECK AT THE END OF TYPING THIS)March 17th....the Leprachauns have been doing theri stchick now for 21 minutes. There are all kinds of them you know.. There are the very evil ones...that make horror movies (they make the most money, especially on reruns and residuals) There are the ones that just play naughty tricks, and the good ones that bring luck to people and gifts, and laughter and occasionally do good deeds...
But just looking at them quickly, its hard to discern which ones are which. The ones with Neiman Marcus labels in their clothing are the ones to be careful of. DID you ever shop in the Leprachaun department on the 3d floor.. The prices...are rediculous..Especially on the green tights, jackets and top hats. Only the ones LITTLE ONES that can afford to shop there, are the ones in the horror movies....
I looked int the refigerator and I think one of them turned my cheese and bread green...unless I forgot to throw out the old stuff and it was mold. I was thinking of advertising a ST PADDYS DAY SPECIAL, \give everyone Irish whiskey, try to get them drunk and then see if I sould get them to buy a lot of stuff.when they wre tipsey...but know with new laws...and Inusrance problems, we would be responsible if they got into an accident when they left here...
Grandma died on St PADDYS DAY in 1976...I remember the phone call coming in..My father was in the store...he answered it...listened, and then finally said...Ok we will be right there" He looked up at me and said "your grandmother died"
She wasnt really sick, but age took a toll. I think she was 88...cant remember right now.... She was the first person that I loved that died. The experince was new for me...and alathough, my other grandmother passed away first, I hadnt really known her very well. We were not close. We werent able to communicate, because her use of the ENGLISH language was minimal, although she came to America in 1888....during the Spanish AMerican WAR. Its after midnight now, and I mightbe mixing up the facts, due to the fact, that I am typing while in LALA land..half asleep. I hope I sound coherent...if not.. You know my excuse is sleep depreivation and not IRISH WHISKEY....WHen I do drink, which is every other year or two... It is either wine, or some sissy drink with a pink umbrella in it...or SANGRIA... Occasionaly I cant have something made with VODKA....and OJ, or V'B (That is a Bloody MARY VEGGITARIAN) But Scotch and WHISKEY.....is medicine.....and rarely, do I like even a beer, unless its cold and I am on a desert dragging my ass thru the sand looking for an oasis.
My emotions were new to me...GRANDMA DIED.. My heart was palpatating. I do not know if I cried out loud,although the mental anguish was unbearable.Even though I wasnt taught by my parents that "big boys dont cry" I absorbed the concept from life experince in school and on the street. So by not crying, the intensity was worse....
FOR those who might be reading that are not familiar with the JEWISH religion, burial is within 24 hours. There is not prolonged wake, where the body is put out on exhibit, and the mortician,, applies make up, and other plastic surgery concepts to make the person look better than they looked in their life...so people can say how good they look.....The funeral parlours really then milk the family for cosmetics, flowers, and an expensive casket, although religous JEWS, always opt for a simple pine box....which is traditional...for several reasons.. One is that thruout history, JEWS , with few exceptions were not rich and couldnt afford luxurious caskets....and since burial had to be within 24 hours, only simple pine boxes could be cut and nailed together......no time to make fine furniture..which would be upholstered in expensive fabric...and the case decorative with fine brass work....and finally, in death, all JEWS would be going to meet their make equally...
I remember not wanting to go to GRANMAS FUneral...SInce BIg boys dont cry, the thought of crying in public was an impossibilty for me to face. I was thinking of running away.. I thought that "GRANDMA wouldnt ever find out" so it didnt matter. But The disrespect of even thinking this was tearing my brain apart. I also COulnd let my Mother face the funeral alone...it would also be ighly disrespectful to her....I knew the family just had to stay together....and I realized that I was being very selfish, although, going thru mental torture. I did go and I did survive, and I suppose it was one of the first steps of accepting the fac that I was a grown man, accepting responsibilities and doing this because it was the right thing to do.
I remember my mother aruging with the RABBI. My grandmother had abolutley no money at all. She always had gone from hand to mouth her entirue existence in AMerica. When she left HUngary....she left a family with educationa and money, a fine house and maids....Never ever to find luxury again. She left a family, where there was no love...from PArents to CHILD".... And she did get love from her Daughter and Grandchildren and son in law. HAd she stayed in Hungary, with her unloving parents, she might have ended up in AUshwitz, Bergen Belsen or Buchenwald.
ANd I wouldnt be writing this blog tonight!
My neice Jennifer (with the assistence of my Newphew ADAM) gave birth to my grandneice 4 years ago today..... also MArch 17th... She is the cutest kid you have every seen...and her personality is beyond explnation.. You almost think she is a child actress, acting out a script....Adorable is an understatement.... SInce she is a member of the family...and has the DNA within her, that my Grandmather had....and I suppose it might go back, not just to her father ADAM, but to the ORIGINAL ADAM........maybe, there is a bit of reincarnation going on here? It sounds rediculous.. I guess...but who knows. Does anyone really know how the Universe works. What LIFE FORCE really is. If there is really a soul that lives forever... Einsteins theories that nothing is created nor destroyed... Energy can change form.. but doesnt every leave the universe....In the novel that I wrote that
has been read and accepted by Random HOUSE....the basis of it is How Jesus and his Desciples are all reincarnated in BROOKLYN a few years ago.....and set out to change the world again.......It is fiction, based on my own creativity...do I really belive this could happen? Definatley maybe!!!!
RICH MY LOYAL EMPLOYEE AND EXPERT IN SO MANY THINGS, FIXED THE TITLE SPACE ABOVE... SO I CAN NOW WRITE EXTENDED TITLES...I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HE DID...BUT A BIG THANKS GOES UP TO HIM.....

No comments: