Monday, September 21, 2009

The President is on Letterman, auction fever..Rosh Hashana

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am not religious...., but never the less I am spiritual. Religion does have its place. It gives groups of people an indentity based on common beliefs and culture. This culture is based on language, music,food..legends, and history and superstition.
One of the biggest and most important part of most JEWISH holidays....is chicken soup. Without Chicken soup, ther can be no holiday.....and this particular Rosh HAshona, I look forward to my sisters CHICKEN SOUP with dill.....more than ever. I had bronchitis...and was so looking forward to the soothing quality the soup would give. ANd It was wonderful.....it went down, smoothly and calmed my cough. Although a few days later....today and even as I type,I am still coughing my brains out. My lungs hurt, my head hurts.....and at the moment, I am hallucination the aroma of a nice bowl of chicken soup.

THIS WEEK... we are trying to make the main hall of the store....back into an auction hall.....the boys have been working on this for two weeks already...putting the very expensive stuff upstairs and teh items to be sold this Saturday....on the auction floor. The boys are really doing a great job....And I must admit they are very smart...and know what to do without me..always on their backs telling them everything to do....
Today they went to NYC...down the VILLAGE and brough in a partial contents of an apartment..with some very lovely things....three French inlaid tables with ORMULU.. 50-80 years old, fabulous bronze lamps, oil paintings, Chandelier. Breakfront in antique white also about 50 years old or more....and just a bunch of very nice things......
Tonight, I went to a house, in th e iddle of "nowhere" on top of a mountain in MAHWAH....he road was winding, and to get there, I had to pass over two bridges. I knew that in this mountain there are many deer and bears...yes BLack Bears.....The woman called me and gaveme directions...but the further up the mountain I went, the stranger it got...finally, it seemed to dead end in a huge gravel driveway.....in fron of a Modern Stone mansion, that was L shaped....and there were no lights on in any window. I was getting nervous, looking in the rear view mirror, expwecting some car to pull up behind me...maybe shoot me in the head... Or a bunch of cop cars might come and arrest me.. You see this house, must have had 40 rooms....there was a huge horse barn to my left and about 30 feet lower.........I started hinking my horn, hoping someone might come out of the house...it was very odd...there were three....three car garages...no cars to be seen, no lights were on....and the woman said, it was the last house on the road.....
I kept thinking I was being set up. I tried to call her and at that level of the MOUNTAIN, the phone didnt work..... I drive into what I thought was a driveway, and it became another road...with more curves and more stone building.......and more huge homes.....it got wierder and wierder. I kept driving and eventually, I came out on the main road, at the bottom of the mountain......a few miles from the original bridge I took, over the Ramapoo river.......to begin the climb.
I tried to correct some of the spelling adn typing errors, but I wasnt able to get into the blog to change the spelling.. Sorry... Well I was able to call the woman, and got better directions......I found her and she took me into a decrepit house, with more mold than in a cheese factory.... I was able to finally make a deal and buy a few nice things....and will return with the big turck to buy more....No very rare things, but very sellable nice tables, lamps, desks, etc......She is the next door neighbor...who took care of the man who passed for 6 months.......Her husband came by later on, and it turned out I knew him......he reminded me of Jim Carey, facially and personality.....except he had prematurly grey/white hair....We talked for a while and it was a very pleasant hour.......
President Obama is now on Letterman.....I must admit, I still get a thrill when he walks out...and more when he is on a Tv program as a "person" not making a speech..when he is natural.......I am as proud of him now as I was in the begining.....of his presidency....and when he won the election..

No comments: