Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day Memories

I tried to close my eyes and bring up memories of the past mothers day. The first thing I think about is that Lilly of the Valley and Lilacs are both in bloom....at mothers day...and when Mom was living in FLORIDA, I would visit for Mothers day...and fly down with a bouquet of Lilacs..from my huge bush in my front yard..The plane always smelled so fragrant.....And both flowers, had her name in it..Lilly and Lil(ac).....Lillian....and her middle name was ROSE.....a Mom, a flower..and so sweet!!
The second memory was a Mothers DAY buffet at the ALEXANDER HAMILTON HOTEL in PAterson....when I ate my first clam...and nearly choked to death on it....Somehow, I coughed it up out of my wind pipe and lived!!!!!
The third Memory that I conjured up was Mothers DAY dinner at Burns Country INN, on Piaget AVE CLIFTON......and I remember the menu was vey odd. The had Venison, and BEAR STEAKS....I cant remember my attitude back then, if I thought it was something that I would venture to try...or it grossed me out..killing such a wonderful beast....the answer is probably somewhere in between...the horror of shooting a big animal and the curiosity of tasting it. Although I am not a veggitarian....I still have not tasted anything more exotic than Venison....(the last time being in Hungary...on top of a mountain, over looking Slovakia.....the venison was cooked with fresh blueberries, juniper berries and...brandy...

No comments: