Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yenta Dealer visited..lucky she left alive, Got keys to experimental store

There was this dealer...very full of herself...and a nasty bitch...and I dont care if she reads this..Her name...I cant remember, but she has owned a store called MARYLIN from MONROE for many years....always moving.....
Her stock in trade is used clothing, depression glass and depression kitchenware... some deco furniture and vanities...and this and that...She had oepned in HOHOKUS briefly with a partner, but couldnt make it here..Not enough traffic to do volume..
Up until today, there was no malice or hard feelings. She came in like a bat out of hell, and asked if we had MAgazines..which we do... We sort of Speiclaize having a lot of old one,s dating back before evn WOrld War two....
We do sell of a lot of them.....One lady spent 300 about two weeks ago...(her husband is a writer for Curb Your Enthusiams) and SNL.....
So this Marylin(if that is her name) picks out a pile...asks the price. I said I have to check they are all different..depending on years and content...Now remember a new magazinetoday is 5 to 7.50.!!!!
She had some that were WOrld war 2 LIFE magazines in NEW condition...I get 20-25 each for those....others are ten, 15. some are 5 to 8.
Shw wanted all the good ones for 5.00.. Like WOODSTOCK, LANDING on the MOON< RObert Kennedy...etc... When I told her the prices she flipped....gave me a hard time. I did let her have 4 magazines for 5 each....Then she started yelling at me in front of customers..that my prices are insane....and other nasty things, and that I should get my act together...and give dealers special prices.
I refrained from answering her...... I wold have called her low class trailer trash to carry on in front of my customers..(who thought she was crazy)
I would have said, i do not need low class dealer to sell thing very cheap too...these type delaers never really could pay for qaulity.....and really I dont need them.....I do, sell to high class dealers and designers.....She told me she can find these all over for 5.00.... well, maybe one here and one there...but no one has a choice of hundreds like we do....
That is the last time that blond witch will be allowed in my store.....hopefully I will never have the pleasure of throwing her out.....WHo needs the aggravation.

Tomorrow, we are going to set up an experimental new store....sort of like a formular..to see if it is possible to create a chain. There are people who would like to open an antique and design shop and do not know how to start..so....we can create a store for them open it...and then help them learn how to buy......the store will be on two levels..top level 2200 feet..and a basement with about 4000 feet.....which we may or may not use...

No comments: