Wednesday, February 17, 2010

gUACAMOLE, & OTHER FOOD.....YUM

THE BLOG WILL BE OUT OF CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER....BUT ITS THE CONTENT THAT IS IMPORTANT..NOT WHICH CAME FIRST...IT IS MY STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS...
TONIGHT, Ed and his Mom prepared fresh gucamole....it was great....to say the least...and we had so much that I couldnt finish my portion....ealrlier, we went down the block to visit his grandmother, who is a striking woman, dark skined, long hair, and was wearing a bright red scarf.....she reminded me not only of a typical Mexican, but a Native American.....which really are the same...the difference being, the bordline and WOrds and Names....the blood starting off as the same, while the Mexicans might be mixed more with Spain Spanish...but most people forget one thing...we are all members of the human race.....although, some dont act like it.....
I remember my Grandmother, who was only able to show her hospitaltiy by feeding others....cooking for her freinds and family...it was how she showed her love. These people and my grandmother have so much in common......The minute Eddie and I got to Grandmothers house, we were offered fried chicken, which we rolled into tacos with a sauce.."Salsa Mexicana" called that becuase of the colors of the ingredients...Green chillies, red tomatoesfresh) and white Onions....the colors of the MEXICAN FLAG.
Simple food,but so delicious......I refused to eat the beans for several reasons, the first being high carbs, and the other, the tradional reason of what happens after you eat beans...

No comments: