Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I am in Mexico....I will ramble on..with fabulous things..i saw or tasted

Got thru airport security faster than I expected, and everything was checked, shoes and belt removed, computer case opened....the only test they didnt give us was one using a proctoscope.
I changed planes in Houston, with barely enough time to find the Train to the next termainal...they were already loading...The plane was more like a toy jet that you wear.....and have to flap your arms to take off. It sat 50 people, and the aisle, was barely large enough to walk thru...the fatr assed Steward, barely squeezed down the center to serve our choice of coffee,water or juice and a 3inch bag of pretzels. The seat was hard...really, and my butt hurt by mid trip......
I look ahead thru customs, thru glass doors and didnt see EDDIE...and was worried. The plane was almost an hour late, and I dont know why. We left on time and it was a smooth trip....there was no traffic jams up there, unless the pilot wasnt flying at full speed or fell asleep, or was having sex with the co pilot...which probably is impossible, due to the small cock pit....(excuse the pun)
I got thru customs pretty fast.....and walked out to see no one waiting for me....but then, i realized...that wasnt the waiting area...got my baggage, turned a corner and saw George...who also went home, and i for got....(he is Eddies cousin) Then I saw Eddie and some other guy I didnt know..(turned out to be a brother in law of someone)
The first think I notices when we walked out of the AIRPORT, it was COLD. YES, it was cold in MEXICO..and I didnt think top bring a sweater or a small jacket....only the huge overcoat......and it was drizziling....George and Brotherinlaw....jumped into the open part of the pick up truck, and Ed and I entered the cab.....I mentioned the safty of the open back and EDDIE laughed...hey, this is Mexico, that is the way it is done here...OK..so in ROME do as the MEXICANS.
Eddie has been in MEXICO for 8 years, and was 16 when he left, so he wasnt sure of the roads....Brotherinlaw, gave him directions from the back of the truck thru the little window.....and a few times, it was the wrong direction and we had to retrace the steps...But most of the times, I always get lost trying to find my way out of Newark airport and on to the right roads hom...we finally ended up in CARDEL, which is a part of Veracruz, as HOHOKUS is a suburb of NYC.
tHE ARCHITECTURE IN HIS suburb, is similar to Santo DOmingo, and the town comes alive at night..People go out to eat late, hang out in bars,clubs....and even lots of store stay open later than you would imagine...There are all kinds of foods,fruits, and other things being sold late at night,....you can even buy a romantic bunch of flowers or a custom decorated cake......
We stopped at a corner TAQUERIA....about midnite...Eddie ordered for all over us...i had nine....yes nine, tiny tacos ....filled with meat,onions,cilantro....cut from a hunk of meat that looked like those in GREEK RESTAURANTS that rotate top to bottom.....like gyros, but the meat was different....they put hot sauce on the table...It was so much better than Mexican FOOD here...WOW..and not spicey, as I imagined. I asked the waitress if they have diet SODA..which they didnt...Ed said order water..so I did...I order a
"agua dieta" Diet water...and she laughed...she knew I was joking..

We got back to the house....I met Eddies mother, a very elegant woman of about 50....his little sister, who he had never seen before he left Mexico 8 years ago...and his older sister,,,,,I greeted them and brought a big Red Heart Shaped box of chocolates, becuase they celebrate Saint Valentines DAY too.....we schmoozed a bit....I felt very tired but relaxed......I knew my store was in good hands, and I had nothing to worry about...I was here.....and ready for an adventure...which had stoped about 5 years ago, when BUSHES 9/11, the war, the economy, and change in tastes in furnishings, stopped me from my EURO excursions and fun.........

No comments: