Thursday, February 26, 2009

jewishGrandmotherFromBombay

This is a recipe that a Jewish grandmother from Bambay India, now called MUMBAI..might have made to incorporate..good old traditional Chicken soup.....with touches of other ingredients that will kock it up a few notches.....quite a few..

Start with the traditional chicken soup stock, made with a large chicken, onions, parsely, various root vegetables: potaotes,parsnip,carrots, turnip,and celery.Cut the pieces up very small....cook for a few hours till chicken falls off the bone...remove chicken....separate meat from the bones...throw skin away with bones....let cool and then remove all of the fat...skim it when it gets hard.
Strain the soup.....put the veggie in the food processor and when all mushed up, add it to the soup...stir..take a tablespoon of flour or corn starch....mix with cream or milk.....and slighting thicken the soup.....add one cup of chicken meat that is chopped.....
Clean a bunch of fresh cilantro...let wash in water for a while......to remove all sand...then chopp well and add two to four tablespoons of it to the soup....
Then cop an onion, very small...saute in oil....then add two tablespoons of curry powder (one if you dont want it strong)....and a one inch cube of fresh ginger sliced very very thin......and two chopped cloves of garlic.....a pince of dry corieander,when onion is soft, but not turned brown, add all of the contents of the pot into the soup. Simmer for 15 minutes...keep stirring....then taste for salt and "heat" you can add cayenne pepper for more heat...
Serve in deep bowl, with sour cream or yougurt and chopped chives,green onion topps,or parsley...Should have a little kick but not spicy.

How to change the entire taste with the addition of two ingredients....Heat up at least 4 tablespoons of peanut butter (or more to taste) thin it out with hot milk or cream...Instead of sale, you can ad lite soy sauce......

Well today I still have the flue, or whatever I have.. No fever, just a very mild headache, and a running nose...and....a bunch of sneezing......sneezing three and four times in a row..... all day long...I am exhausted from it... The customer who first came in....bargained so much, I walked away and said to him "LEAVE ME ALONE" well he wanted the items.....and he paid JOHN>.I was feeling bad..and didnt need to be nudged over ten dollars, when I gave him a really cheap price. The second two...did the same thing...and they walkd out.......even though they were getting 3000 dollars worth for 800....and they wouldnt pay....

John and RIch both went out and brought in some great items...Life size chines vases, chinese lamps, a great mirror with cut glass,.....and a pair of huge pinecorner cabinets........etc.... We only made one large sale of a greatbronze......a Remington COWBOY.........

When I am worn out....I havent been paying attention to details in the news.....I did hear one of the guys who killed the poor LAtino from Ecqudor......was caught...and now they are looking for the other bastard who beat him to death...This guy lookewd like our PANCHO....and I cried when I saw him on TV...it could have been PANCHo.......they beat him to death with a baseball bat.....I serious wish....I could catch him....and beat him...but not to death....just enough to disfigure him for life.....break his knees...and fingers....etc.......but, if I actually got the chance, I am sure, reality would hit home, and I am sure I really couldnt do it....but whoknows> I do not think, jail is enough punishment....nor do I belive in the death penalty.....its to fast....they dont suffer....

They freed a trapped whale today...that is good news...he got caought up in a huge fishing net......but now he is out to sea.... I cannot yet even comment on OBAMAs stimulus plan...and giving money to the banks...I can actually see both sides of the coin......but at least he is TRYING to do something, whereas BUSH sat back and only caused the mess.

No comments: