Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday

Before I get started rambling what is on my mind, let me preface it with...it is 1:12 in the morning, its freezing in here, but the elctric heater is warming my left leg..only....and I am half asleep, so I apologize in advance for any spelling mistakes and anything incoherent.
Today the Dr gave me some news, that should have shaken me up, depressed me, and put me into a bad mood. Either I am in shock and dont realize it, or maturity has brought me to accept the harsh blows of life as they occur. He told me that my high blood pressure has damamged on the the heart valves.....and it is not life threatening..but I have tokeep off salt....and loose weight.....and watchmy cholesterol. He is calm...I was calm. He said..we will work on it together....and I asked a few questions..which pertained to BLUE CHEESE DRESSING and the salt content of lobster. I mention the name of the restuarant where I ate the above mention delicacies...and he laughed.....EL CID HIgh salt contents. He said, eat the lobster....have salad with oil and vinegar and garlic ....no prepared veggies with salt.
Before I go rambling about Mr Olympic whose photo was smeared by a Tabloid NEWSPAPER....(that should be burnt to the ground...for ruining his career.)I want to give a recipe of the day... Dottie gave me a wonderful oversized George Forman Grill for XMAS.......so.....TOnight I used it to cook TUNA. I soaked it in extra virgin olive oil, with some fresh garlic in it.... I rushed it, but you can marinate it for as long as you want...then I coated it with dried ground mint leaves and black fresh pepper, and cooked it like a steak, meadium...with about half of it "red" uncooked in the middle.. It was deliciously different. Themint leaves, gave it a distinct flavor,but it wasnt MINTY.......it combined with the pepper for a brand new taste. I had this with red cabbage, cooked in a "steaming bag) for 5 minutes...and then with a blob of"I cant belive its butter" on it.. What a great combination.....of fish and cabbage...both a great new taste. and low or no carbs. and very low in fat...and not bad in calories either.. Sometimes very simple foods are extrememly delicious...We do not always need gormet foods. How about a fresh baked potatoe with a little butter(or no fat subsititue) a little pepper, chives, sourcream... It is almsot a meal in itself...
Now back to MIKE PHELPHS, Mr Olympics.... I think the newspaper is evil for more than one reason. One, they are sacrificing his career and future in hopes of making bucks on the story. Secondly, they are dragging down an American hero in the eyes of the world...He won over the other swimmers from many countries, and now they are exposing him as if he is a drug addict, whichhe is not. Being in sports, and on the Olympic team, he was constantly drug tested...and it stays in your system for weeks....and it would hav ebeen long detectged by now if he was a habitual user. BUT LETS SAY HE WAS... He was still a hero... Still a champion, and WEED didnt effect his performance....if he had been smoking, but again, he wasnt..because they are all tested. And, I personally so not smoke pot or do drugs....but I do feel that pot is no worse than those people who always run to have a drink to calm their nerves.. When you watch older movies....people who visit someone in an ENglish manor, traditionally is offered some Sherry, or Port, Or Scotch....or a MArtini.....or some kind of drink........People come home from work and have a drink.......they go to parties,m and restuarants, and bars..and discos......ALcohol is a DRUG "HELLO"" its a drug and perfectly legal... Pot should be too. The newspaper just destroyed a hero..for no real reason.... He is not advocating smoking pot to the kids who admire him...they wouldnt have known he smoked unless....the paper had printed it..and he should have said..he was only kidding around and not smoking...just playhing aroud and posing......Iam a kid of the 1960's and I think I was the only one who didnt smoke pot then.....I was too afraid too......Everyone else did..and I bet 50 % of the kids today still do.?
SuperbowlSUNDAY....I stayed late in the store to work on the computer...The lights were off. When I heart banging upstairs. Buddy barked.. The noice then moved to the other side of the building....and it kept up...and moving about. I tried to stay calm. We have had incidences of banging upstiars...but not so continuously....I tried to use logic....and went into the kitchen and heard another noise... I opened the door...and to my surprise I saw FIREWORKS. Someone on the next street, on the other side of the brook was setting off rockets, and things were landing on the roof.....I really thought ,this time the ghosts were going to come and get me......I did disprove the ghosts were turning on the lights...because I realiszed the switch is on a spring and its defective and must be turned off a certain way or it slowly goes back on.

No comments: