Sunday, February 8, 2009

LOBSTERADDICTION

We were very busy today.....but no giant sales...but grateful for what we did.......we actually were so busy, I didnt have time to cook lunch....GOOD. The more people that visit, the bigger the possibility of sales...and future sales. At the end of the dy, I was actually hungry......so, Glen and I returned to the scene of last nights dinner crime...EL CID....I think I am addicted to lobster and steak....well, not any steak, for the well aged meat that is tender as butter, and cooked just right....and since, I cant have most veggies or salt,...so a huge lobster tail and very large piece of filet mignon.....fills me up..so I had no need for the bread,rice or veggies or Spanish French Fries.....Just lobster and filet...how decadent....Glen is a veggetarian.......so taking him to a steak house....is like taking a HAssid Jew to a Southern BAr-B-Cue place.. But he likes this place... The rice is so full of flavor, and the grilled veggies have some kind of flavored oil....and butter sauce.....
The table next to me almost looked like a murder scene....a man about 40, with a marine crew cut,...who resembled a member of the Aryan Nation...and the SS, was devouring a 4 pound prime rib. I am not exxagerating. I have never seen a steak, with bone..this size..being devoured....it was five or 6 inches thick....a foot wide...and it was bleeding.... I do not thick it was possible for anyone to eat that much meat....(but think of all the fun trying)....The food at EL Cids is fabulous...possibly the best restaurant I have ever been to...and ALWAY up to par...Everything is alway fresh..theveggies cookied JUST RIGHT..and possibly the most delicious veggies.....in the world.. Years ago, The Automat in NYC had the most delicious veggies...and consistantly perfect. I fondly remember the baked beans with its bacon smoky flavor,the stewed tomatoes, the creamed spinach with a hint of garlic, the Turnips and Squash.....the spagetti with specks of greenpepper and tomatoes...I cant explain it, but I somehow can create the taste in my memory....
and the sentimentality of putting coins into the marble wall...and the glass doors opening.....to lets us grab our fresh pies and desserts, or prepared salads... This vinette of the Automat is one of the happinest memories of my childhood.

No comments: