Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Alaarm wnet off today;;good business,good super

Somewhere around 11 am, lots of people were in the store...Wendy our Landylady came in....then in a few minutes the piercing sound of the fire alam went off...Buddy was howling....it hurt his ears, as well as ours, and our customers ran out of the store..
Simultaneously, annoying strobe lights were flashing....I looked outside an a POLICE CAR was already outside asking me what was going on...and I found out it was supposed to be only a brief test of the Alarm system up front in the empty part of the building.
BUt the Alarm continued for an hour. My blood pressure was about to explode thru my skull. THe alarm man wasnt told that we were suffering back here for an hour....so when he came to test our part of the building....I wasnt kind. I was in a rage. Thew man was yhounger and larger than me....he asked for the control panel....and I basically told him to get the hell out of here....I cant afford to loose anymore customers....make an appointment to come here before or after store hours. To my shock, the man was sao humble and apologetic and sincere. He said if he told his superior what happened, that we were ignorned for an hour(which I foudn out wasnt his fault) he might loose his job. I thought the man was going to cry.
He said that had he known whatg was going on, and the systems were all connected he wouldhave rushed back to help us, and I do belive him. He reallyh only took a minute or two and his work was done... I both felt good and bad about loosing control....It is good to get emotions out....but I really didnt loose control.....I took things in perspective, calmed down.....and realized....there is a war in IRAQ, soliders are dying, peole are starving, Our Electricina has Kindney Cancer, his wife Karen has other cancer, John needs a small operation on his leg(not serious) Tiger woods is loosing his endorsements,people are lost on top of a mountain,and millions of other problems are plaging the world...so an alarm going off isnt such a big deal

Today we had a nice bit of business...finally and sold a few pieces of furntiure, a bunch of chachkas to a man from CHINA,who didnt speak any English at all, but I did say NEE HA (thank you) in CHinese.. That made him smile....and laugh out loudl. I hope it means thanks you......it just slipped out,almost automatically.....but what if it meant "fuck you" I wold have been in trouble. but it didnt....

Barbara Comerford had called me about 5 inviting me to supper...which meant, calories..SHe is an excellent cook, and always makes too much of a display even for a quick supper. ...She only had two types of chicken, two types of baked pasta and the most fabulous salad......and chocolae candies for dessert...OY> It was far from boring.....as the past few.....and I feel enervated tonight....

The building next door is completely gone, and in its place is a very deep hole...for a foundation....deep enough for a few bomb shelters.....it is so deep its amazing...it could be deeper than any swimming pool....looks 50ft deep...wow.....

No comments: