Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry XMAS to all.....SAw AVATAR in 3d....

I want to wish all the people who read my blog a very wonderful XMAS......Today I actually took the day off, and went to Weschester to a friend..who invited another friend and we went to eat at an INDIAN buffet...the food was good! NOt wonderful.. just good and plentyful, and i was able to keep my intake down...since I also ate a lot last night. I must loose weight.
THen we wnet back to his apartmnet and watch a movie that was made about 15 years ago when we went to Europe, and photos of my MAHWAH store in its heydey. THen we went to see AVATAR in 3d. IN one word......BREATHTAKING...............IT IS HARD TO realize that what we were seeing wasnt real. Part of the movie is reality, iwth live people, but most of it is computer generated. By the end of the film, you start belive we really see blue people flying on some kind of dragon. The people, were created with new technology, so it did not look like a cartoon at all. Everything seemed real. WHen there was closeups, their eyes, lips and skin seemed photogrpahic..not a cartoon, or a drawing. The imagination of the trees and flowers and animals is amazing. ANd there is a very poinant message to this movie.... of course my kvetch freind really didnt like it....said its for a low mentality, or kids. Well, he miss the entire point of it, and I think his mentality is the one suffering. This is a movie that once, is not enough. Someof the 3d effects...area amazing...you think you can touch the things two inches in front of you.
There is an amazing concept....that is brought out....that the people and all of the living plants and animals are conected......but not to spoil it, I will not say anymore.

No comments: