Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wierd Dream.....another boring day

Well the highlie of the past 24 hours was a visit from Ralph....a dealr from Penn, who became a millionaire when he sold his reproduction business......and even though he never has to work again, he was driving and deilvery a truck load of stuff....he went right back into business..he is a buyerholic....its in his blood like I have it in my blood.....
We went to lunch and ate and laughed for half an hour....

I wanted to relate a dream that has me puzzeled.. I didnt really try to figure it out yet......I was wtach tv...and David Letterman went skydiving....he was on top of a professional skydiver......who was carrying him.....SUddenly, I was envolved, no longer watching....but also sky diving, seeing the ground slowing up up closer and closer..... Strangely, even though I have a fear of heights, I wasnt afraid......I never got that close to the ground....but I woke up before I got too close.

Rain and dismal days normally do not bother me at all, but today, it seemed darker than usual, no rain, not that cold, but something just was depressing...It felt that it was comeing from the outside, but I am beinging to wonder if it wasnt something coming from within.?

Every year for 40 years, this season is usually lousy. Bu we did have the opportuity to catch up with auctions, which no longer work. Expenses have risen....and the people around me have changed. TGhe things that used to sell...dont anymore..and I cant seem to figureout how to reinvent myself....reinvent ourselves..
to make the Granny Empire WOrk again... But I feel I am running out of ideas.

I seem to blame myself.....but its a combination of the economy, the ability to advertise, the change of what people want, and the influx of cheap chinese merchandise.......and the change in the collectibilty concepts..POEPLE DOnt want to collect thngs anymore...I daily and nightly beat myself up.....taking the blame,,but now it must be share with EBAY that screwed up everything...everywhere, the Antique Road show that educates the public inccorrectly...to think everything old including their dirty underwear has antiuqe value......Craigs List that is an online Classified advertising method, so people dont call antique stores anymore...take all of the above.......and its like a giant toilet bowl has the antique business twilrling around, trying not to go down the drain.

I am on day two of the second round of steroids for my knee...Today, as last tuesday I was able to walk with little or no pain...but by the end of the week, last week, the pain return. I am hoping that this second dose, might skeep the swelling down and thing s will go back to the way they were.

No comments: