Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The year is almost over......cooking for JAN1

New Years is almost here...and we are having a big sale and BUFFET....Usually people dont come to eat....but still I love to cook for a few days, complain how hard I am working, and that my feet hurt from standing.....(kvetch kevtch)....so I am already prepared to make Stuffed Cabbage(my grandmothers recipe) Indian Butter Chicken, Kelbasy cooked in saurkraut, Sweet adn Saur meatballs, Fettuchino ALfredo Carbonara and one wthat will be veggitarians, mac and cheese, Mexican style with a hint of Jalpeno and diced tomatoe, salads, Fresh home made egg salad and potatoe salad,a roast turkey with homemde tangerine cranberry sauce,........etc
Cooking for me is theraphy.....

This hasnt been a happy year for the world. Starting with Grannys Attic, so many of us had been sick, or injured.....and beucase of the stress of the economy, we worry day in and day out. So much of the news is bullshit....They flood us with the story of Tiger WOods, Britteny Spears, Lady GAGA or LAdy KAKA, Amy Winehouse, Linsey Lohan, and all the rest of the HOLLYWOOD set....that no one cares about..but it filles up the newspaper and TV headlines.
Like automobiles, human parts wear out...so JOhns back, My heart valvues and knee, and other bodyparts of most of the freinds and employees......need tune ups...
Its a good thing we do have insurance...for without it, we couldnt pay the bills, on the other hand, its hard to pay the insurance, which costs me over 3000 a month, even with Medicare...
Customers are getting more brazen, bargaining my guts out.. Depending which item they want, my repsonse can be YES... or I answer with hositilty. Today, I didnt throw the peopel out, but when the guy offered me less than half.....on low quotes, I told him he was insulting me. He said, he wasnt but only trying to make a deal..and I responded that he was not trying to make a deal....but steal. and I walked away...and he walked out...
I dont have the energy to comment on the news....in detail. The Nigerian Bomber...should be cut into tiny pieces and sent back to Yemen and NIgeria....sent to the people who sent him.....I personally think that all the potential terroists be barred from entering USA... We have no need for YEMMENITES, Nigerians,Saudis, etc all. We have to protect our country. If profiling is needed, regardless of its unpolitical correctness.. we MUST do it. MAYBE certain people..from certain countries shoul djust be barred from Entering the USA. PERIOD> You might ask what happened to the MAURY LUBMAN the LIBERAL? well, I am still liberal on many issues, but when it comes to the preservation of our beloved country......we must do what we have to do.

No comments: