Monday, December 14, 2009

GLENS BIRTHDAY diNNER......LACK OF BUSINESS

a YOUNG MAN CAME IN TODAY TO SELL ME A SUPPOSED CIVIL WAR SWORD..... i HAD NOT IDEA OF HE VALUE, SO WE DID A CHECK ON THE WEB AND ON EBAY.....ITS TURNS OUT IT WASNT A CIVIL WAR SWORD, BUT A CEREMONIAL WORD MADE BY A PURVEYOR AND MANUFACTOER OF cATHOLIC CHURCH "STUFF" uNFORTUNATELY IT WASNT WORTH HARDLY ANYTHING ACCORDING TO EBAY.
I SUGGESTED THAT HE KEEP IT IF IT MEANT A LOT TO HIM, BUT HE RELATED THAT HE WAS AN IRAQI WAR VET, WHO HAS INJURIES, AND CANT FIND A JOB...AND PROBALEM COLLECTING DISABILITIES...HE WAS GUNG HO IN THE BEGINING...BELIVING IN THE WAR, THE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND PROTECTING.....THE USA. hE RELATED HIS ANGERY OF HOW OUR PEOPLE ARE BEING TREATED BY THE GOVERNMENT, AND HALLEBURTON AND OTHER COMPANIES.. THE FOOD AND WATER IS SO BAD THAN MANY SOLDIERS GET SICK,....AND NOW THIS POOR GUY, A GOOD AMERICAN, A DEDICATED SOLDIER, CANT FIND A JOB, AND ISNT GETTNG TAKEN CARE OF BY HIS COUNTRY THAT HE ENLISTED TO SERVE....i FELT BAD FOR HIM.....I BOUGHT THE SWORD FROM HIM FOR WAHT HE WANTED..WHICHIS WHAT I WILL PROBABLY SELL IT FOR....A LITTLOER MOR OR LESS IT DIDNT MATTER..AND I TOLD HIM IF HE COMES BACK WITH THE MMONEY...HE CAN HAVE IT BACK IF I STILL HAVE IT.... WE TALKED POLITICS FOR ABOUT 15 MIN...AND HE WENT ON HIS WAY. I WISHED HIM LUCK...AND FELT SAD...THAT THIS IS WHAT WE ARE DOING TO OUR OWN PEOPLE. THERE IS MONEY TO REBUILD A COUNTRY THAT WE DESTROYED...BUT CANT HELP OUR OWN. WAHT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT US????






tHE HIGHLITE OF THE DAY WAS GLENS BIRTHDAY..... we all went to Cinco De MAYO Mexican Restauarnt......where the food was especially good tonight, and we all managed to be silly and laugh....which is good for the soul...DID YOU KNOW THAT TODAY IS ALSO NOSTRADAMUS......THE FAMOUS PSYCHIC, OR PREDICTOR.......'S BIRTHDAY.?????
This morning I bought a silver hannuka menorah.....which is on EBAY, and sold a cameo....with 4 diamonds in it for 400...which was a mistake., it woas to be 1200, but I forgot......but I let the man have it anyway, as a gift for his wife......the quote was made yesterday....and immediately I toldhim I made ia mistake...but told him if he wants it I will keep to my word..which I did. I think his appreciatation will lead to further business...and I sort of enjoyed, being in a position to keep my word in such a situation......an internal thing for me.....putting my word and honor above money...which is hard to do in these times.
MY freind Elliot went to Flordia becuase he was complaining about business and the weather....so now he calls complainging that its too hot in FLORIDA and people who owe him omoney in FLORDIA arent playing...I think he loves to kvetch....I think I will have a tee shirt made for him for XMAS that says BORN TO KVETCH!!!!

I just was watching a commercial for one of the I phone things with APS...(short for applications) and I caught a joke that they thought no one owuld get......the guys photo and name was there...TED KAPUSTA....(Kapusta is Hungarian and Russian for CABBAGE>>.... I do not think that is anyones real name....MR CABBAGE........

Rich discovered that there is a leak in the brake line, so I have to have it sent to be repaired tomorrorw. All days are not exciting...or funny, or revealing....It was an ordinary day, no arguments with customers, employees...not even any annyoing phone calls from Soliciters to tell to phuck off....NOt one call to swithc my bank, credit card compamy, or online web site deisgn companies, or Online yellow pages...and none of the idiot calls from INDIA selling soemthing and the people have names like CHad and Tiffany (not Sabu or PAtel) It was a nice very boring day.....except at dinner,when we celebrated Glens Birthday.....which he appreciated.

No comments: