Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWINS, CITRIS GRILL,rECIPES, BUSINESS

tODAY IS THE BIRTHDAY OF MY TWINS... well theya re not my children, but my sisters...but I consider them, as if they were my children. I didnt speak to them today, but officially wish them a happy birthday...
Today, the second day of the new year, a new Decade....business was somewhat good. NOT GREAT,m but good for the 6th or 7th day in a row.Which hasnt been that way in a long time. There were no mega sales, but lots of people buying little to middle size things. It is good to see more people coming into the store.
One of my old customers came in, and told me she is looking for furniture for her daughter.....then she started opening up to me about her son.. He is a Dr and is marrying a horoble woman.The woman, as she said,has him under a "spell" and she is a Dr also.. But the story got worse. Not only is this woman a Dr, and mean and nasty to her (and him) but she is a midget. An evil Midget...who has turned her son against her..and they dont speak much......anymore......then the woman started describing her....and the story got funnier and more heartbreaking.....as she imitated the midget.....her son is very tall...and the midget is well, very short....and somewhat deformed.....maybe she is a dwarf...The woman was both laughing and crying as she told the story.....I explained that the Midget-in-law to be.....probably has so many inferiority complexes, she assumes that the mother in law to be hates her....so she verbally attacks first...and rejects first......its a psychological mechanism.......My advice was to ignore her...ignore the son..STOP GIVING THEM MONEY...and remind the son, that if the have children, they might have to have a Dwarfmitzvah 13 years from now.....he might change his mind....bringing a child into the world that might be deformed

Tonight I went with my sister and my brotherinlaw to the CItris GRILL....in AIrmont NY...I have heard about it for some time, and it has a wonderful reputation....not only that, but they are moving in....next door....where my exlandlord is building a shopping center.. The menu was very creative and the food very good. It was difficult for me to choose...because everything was so fabulous sounding. I ordered two appetizers, but no soup and salad....I had Venison PATE over a mexuline salad with some kind of craberry relish...and....a Crab salad with Caspacho sauce, the main dish was osobuco of lam with root veggies..... My Brohter inlaw had a giant slice of salmon covered with shrimp and veggies..and a special sauce, that he said was fantastic...One of my sister's freind had wild boar stew as an appetizer and short ribs in special reduction..as main course...his wife had shrimp ravioli in a sauce with more shrimp that was outrageous....And there were so many fabulous choices......I should have stolen a menu and put it up here....it would have been good advertising for them....BUt rush down there...becuase they are closing in February....and then reopening in HOHOKUS...right next door.... I was introduced to the owners and we became instant friends.. and will some how work together.....
I thought that I was cooking a small buffet for this weekend..Jan 1,2 and 3. We cooked everything very quickly.....but somehow...there was a tremendous amount of food......and still more left over...lots of turkey,pork,meat balls and stuffed cabbage. and INDIAN Butter chicken...... stay tuned to new recipes..

No comments: