Wednesday, January 27, 2010

JAN 27 Grannys Attic Offical Holiday!,POEMS

Jan 27 has been an official Grannys Attic Holiday for 18 years....it started when we found out that Both JOHN and RICH were born in this day...and it has been a long custom, to have some kind of recognition of their genesis.
Last night I was going shopping to buy cold cuts....for a little party...but my KEy and Clicker disappeared mysteriously from my desk...Juan took me in his car....and went to STOP AND SHOP.....John is a Veggietarian, and RICH is an ARMENIAN, both ending in "ian" That is why I didnt cook.... Not to bore you with names of cheese and coldcuts, I will mention that I bought incredibly delicious Sesame noodle salad (with carrots and scallions etc) some kind of broccoli salad raisons and nuts, Edamame bean salad..and Egg Potatoe salad...all really good...but we went around the corner to KINGS to buy them a Special Brownie fudge choclate cake.....I asked for strawberry shortcake, and the idiot behind the counter says THEY ARE OUT OF SEASON...and will be back in the SPRING....sTRAWBERRY SHORT CAKES ARE NEVER EVER OUT OF SEASON...JUST ASK ANY ESKIMO.
There was one hot dish, that I supervised but the boys cooked it...very simple and very awesome.. Cook and drain a pound of angel hair pasta. return to the pot. add a sprinkle of virgin oilive oil, garlic powder, can of drained diced tomatoes, cup or more of ricotta cheese, half and half, 1/4 cup thin slice scallions or chives, fresh ground pepper and salt... stirr to creamy consistency...OMG so simple and so delicious..

Tonight I wrote to BIll Clinton to see if he can give me the information for me to send the clothing to HAITI....Lets see if I get an answer....


POEMS FROM MY BOOK "POETRY FOR PEOPLE WHO HATE POETRY)
"jESUS kNEW wHAT hE wAS doING"

My heroes span millennia
some flesh and blood
some symbolic
others ideological

not biological
The Buddha
Jesus
Jefferson
Gandhi
The Dali Lama
Martin Luther King
Mother Teresa
Jimmy Carter
My father
my mother
my grandmother

All had one thing in mind
about being kind
loving
exposing the right path
to enlightenment
defusing violence
Giving hope
healing
teaching
to do the right thing
easing pain
taught how to give
taught how to listen

espousing humility
joining people
breaking down barriers
Teaching spirituality
and in actuality
made the world a better place.


pOLITICS AND MUSIC

Give each country's leaders
an instrument
not a gun or bomb or tank
or plane
Let them make music
play a symphony
harmonize
Each one responsible for certain notes
and musical phrases
Daily sessions
Musical lessons
Prime ministers, presidents,
leaders of the people
all making music together
each ones contribution
to the total
is necessary
to create a perfect sound
Let them all play as one
close their eyes
feel the oneness
feel the creatively
of human cooperation
Hear the beauty
feel the importance
of individuality
compatilbilty
learn the joy
obtain
from harmony

No comments: