Thursday, January 28, 2010

JD SALINGER DIED, MOre on the POPE,New Super Blender Fr MONTEL WILLIAMS

THE POPE story continues....Mr KINKY the Second......Into Polish S&MWell, Pope John Paul II would, it turns out. In a new book, "Why a Saint?," Monsignor Slawomir Oder, a Vatican official, confirmed that the late pope regularly whipped himself as an act of penance to feel closer to God.

"In his wardrobe, among his vestments, there hung on a clothes hanger a special belt for trousers which he used as a whip," Oder says. The self-flagellation was "an instrument of Christian perfection," Oder adds, emulating the sufferings of Jesus Christ.

J. David Ake, AFP / Getty Images
A new book claims Pope John Paul II would beat himself to bring himself closer to Christ. Here, the late pope is shown in 1995.
Others close to Pope John Paul II, who died in 2005, have confirmed Oder's statements, and there's a long tradition of self-punishment in Catholic history. Practitioners included St. Francis of Assisi, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Ignatius of Loyola, Mother Teresa and St. Thomas More. But why? After all, the Catholic Church doesn't officially sanction the practice.

sO i BOUGHT THIS NEW SUPER BLENDER FORM A TV INFOMERCIAL.....MONTEL WILLIAMS IS HAWKING.....IT. YOU CAN THROW IN A BRICK AND IT WILL JUICE IT... IT IS REALLY VERY POWERFUL...IF YOU PUT IT ON SPEED 8 FOR 8 MINUTES, IT WILL TURN THE CONTENTS INTO A BOILING HOT SOUP.
So, my curiosity starting experimenting.... I threw in a pear, an apple, and a bunch of frozen srawberries. I got a mushy concoction....not a drink...much to thick...and not quite a sherbert....I added some SPLENDA and a drop of LEMON juice and froze it for awhile...and it was sherbert like. I have to figure out proportions...Not enough liquid in it now..too much pulp, but it made a good dessert, no name for it...MUSSHY FRUIT COMPOTE? Now if I added some juice or water, it would have been a nice drink. Tomorrow, I will make one with veggies...
But I did invent something.. I took all the ingredients that I use to make cabbage soup....a chunk of cabbage a tomatoe, less than half an onion(red) a pimento, garlic salt,hot sauce and vinegar....and in 8 minutes I got a steaming bowl of soup, that we might call cream of cabbage...but there is a raw kind of taste. I microvaed it later for ten min on low... Added some chopped pickle(kosher dill) onion, and tomatoe.. and it was very good....and different... Sort of a POLISH Gazpacho. NO olive oil since I am on a diet...but that would have impoved it.......and what is good about it, I bet the entiure bowl of soup didnt have 25 calories.

Today I went to the department of MOTOR Vehicles to renew my license....I dreaded going.....you have to have the proper ID...so many points. YOu have to show them you PAssport, you Birth Certificate, old drivers license, Something with your address on it, a phone bill, your old underwear, a urine and dna sample........who knows what HOMELAND SECURITY WANTS NOW?
Luckily, it wasnt that busy and I was out in less than a half hour. They had a cop....from the SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT there incase of trouble... He must be bored out of his mind. He sits in a little chair, doesnt talk to anaybody....the exMArine, NEO NAZI ,gym teacher type with a blond crew cut......the only thing he said in that half an hour, was to one guy....you cant use your cell phone in here. I bet he practices that line at home at night..so he doent forget it.
This week there has been almost no business. Today 150.00, plus a few people who only price things. but dont really want anything.. But we do have to be nice, never know when they might come back.....and spend .

No comments: