Sunday, April 5, 2009

2:30 Sunday PM..its quiet....The Sopranos visit

It is a beautiful day...and when one is in the BROWSING business, one prays for drizzle or overcast days....Gorgeous days are fine if you own a business that attracts tourists outdoors...like at the beach, up the mountains...in a park....Yesterday, it was miserable outside and fabulous inside...People came out of the wind and rain, to excercize the use of their credit cards.

Last night Johnand I went for our bi monthly ration of eggplant parmigian, at Sicilian SUN....a 45 second walk from GRANNYS...we are award with good food, decent prices...compared to some places...and moderalty good service. After a while, repeat customers nod to each other....as acknowledgement that they recognize each other...No words spoken....
I kept noticing a few people who not only nodded back, but came over to the table to schmooze.....but one very familiar person, that I thought was a regular customer at GRANNYS, refused to nod back when I acknowledged him... I said to JOHN...that guy is a customer, and is either rude, or doesnt recognize me... John turned his head, and with intense sureness of him self, said "he is not a customer" and let it drop....
When we were leaving, I saw this mans photo on the wall. It was signed....Vince Curatola.....one of the cast of the SOPRANOS> I still say he has been in the store,,,I know he lives near by.

No comments: