Friday, April 10, 2009

The First Gay Parents,Bobs Condition, FUNNY CUSTOMER etc

Yesterday, I was reading on AOL NEWs, that Obama had a WHITE House seder..SO, if you asked him, Ma Nish Ta naw, ha ligh la hazeh(Why is this night different than any other night) there are a few very important answers....excluding the matzos instead of bread, and reclinging instead of sitting up....we have the FIRST African American President, Hosting the very first Seder in the White House. That is quite a first... There is always a nice White House Christmas tree..but did you ever see a Hanuka Bush (excuse the pun) I also saw an article that Obama is inviting GAY families....Gay Couples and their adopted or natural born children to the Easter Egg festivities on the White Hous Lawn. This deserves a double WOW. He is not only including JEWS into the Spring Holiday season...but GAYS as well. His wisdom of ending exclusion, is being shown , not just in words and promises...but in action. He has done more positive things in a few months,that BUSH had done in 8 years...Let me se..did Bush do anything at all postive.. He could have resigned....along with Cheney and Rumsfeld....which would have been the most positive thing in 8 years. NO, I do not think BUSh did one PHUCKING thing positive...in his entire life....and as far as CHENEY....if feces had arms and legs...and a face...it would be CHENEY, although smell sweeter. You see how I can wander off a subject.... I was tlaking about gay parents...and the WHITE HOUSE EGG ROLLING contest... WHen I saw the article on AOL NEWS,m I thought of the very first GAY couple who adopted a child. The father of one of them was a famous criminal lawyer in NJ...who stood up for his son. He, a macho lawyer was not only proud of his son, but defended his right...and the rights of other gay people to legally adopt a child... It went before all kinds of courts and legislation, and eventually they won! That was about 13 years ago. Soon they adopted little ADAM. ADAM was born to a mother that was a drug addict and ADAM unfortunatley was born with AIDS...or HIV postive. I followed the story and mentally shared their joy of being able to adopt him. Not long after the adoption, the two parents came into my store with ADAM. An adorable baby, and the proud parents discussed the entire story with me..and felt very honored and lucky to get the information first hand. Months passed, and they came in again... They told me ADAm was no longer HIV positive...that what ever the magic was... it was GONE> They moved away.....and I have not seen them in almost 8 years. I thought of them...I wondered if OBAMA invited them to the WHITE HOUSE EASTER festivities....well, as co:incidence would have it....I saw a guy in my store...who looked like Elton John, with thick black glasses. From A distance he looked familiar...but maybe becuase of the famous singer... Then I saw a tall thin person dart out from behind a piece of furniture...running, dangerously down an aisle, stopping short, and leaning over a dining room table. This man with glasses said STOP RUNNING.. By the time I reached them....the man looked more familiar...but couldnt place him. He said his mother inlaw was looking at a fireplace mantle down the other aisle....then...he said. ADAM.....stand up!!! I looked into the man's eyes and said....So this is your ADAM...wow did he grow. The name of ADAM triggered who he was.....He said, "you remember us". I said yes, and tears just had started rolling down my eyes...(doesnt take much these days) That is my salty liquid display of joy and happiness. Adam, was still alive more than 13 years after his birth...and still HIV free. But there was something not right...Adam is a special needs child..because of his mothers drug habits, ADAM was born with some brain damage.. He talks, and interacts but you can tell something is not right. But he is a very happy child...ALready went our on his first date with a girl, and relates to and loves his two male parents...and his grandmother..who was there. ANd the beauty of this story continues....They love ADAM with his special needs as much as any parent. The Grandmother loves him just as much.....and it only shows, that people sexuality has nothing to do with being caregives and love to others. It is a story now 13 years plus in the making...and so far...everything is wonderful They also have I belive 4 more children..One is a woman of 25 and made them GRANDPARENTS....already twice. I asked them if they were invited to the WHITE HOUSE, they thought I was joking with them, but I turned on the computer and showed them the story, accompanied by a photo of two women and their little girl....and they KNEW these two...because they had worked with him on political issues...of GAY PArent hood. I was also made to feel good, that there were only back a week and came to visit me....ADAM asked me if I kinew him....and I explained that when he was a little baby his parents brought him to the store..and I saw him grow up for a few years...and told him he was the cutest baby....which made him smile.... I woke up to the telephone ringing... It was BOBS friend LEE crying, that Bob took a turn for the worse during the night. The Dr said to operate was dangerous...but not to, wouldbe fatal. Triple bypass, collapsed lung, diabetes..are all not good to have as a candidiate for an operation to clean out and re-inlate the lungs at 77. I got up, and eventually ended up as his partment, to feed his three cute "hot dogs" I feed them and played with them...and one of the boys...did the same and cleaned up the tiny mess they left. There wasa doody shortage which worried me...maybe I didnt feed them enough, or maybe I fed them too much anbd they are constipated..After a while, we drove to the hospital....the operation was underway...so we went to the Restaurant to continue on our third day of a lobster fest....todays soup was clam chowder...the only difference between yesterdyas corn chowder, was the addition of a few pieces of clam....and a few chucks of tomatoe.. It seemed like cream of shrimp soup base with a few veggies and a few clams. It was Good, but far from great.. They didnt use any spices that make clam chowder CLAM CHOWDER....I think Thyme is one of them... An hour later, we returned to the OPERATING ROOM waiting room....The operation was still in progress...I was told to call 4 hours later...which I did. He was back in the Intensive Care UNit.....he made it thru the operation, but the DRS discovered..that his other lung now had pnemonia....He is still in very serious condition...but there is hope. I had a delightful customer today. She came in asking for an appraisal of the contents of a breakfront that one of her workers in the house knocked over and destroyed everything inside. ALL glass and china...a collection of a life time..and tomorrow is her 50th Birthday. This woman, is charming, has an almost ENglish accent from attending ENGLISH school in Switzerland.. She is blong, blue eyes and seems like a quintisential WASP (White ANglo Saxon Protestant) and coming from The ALPS, her image and country of ORIGIN seemed to go together. The first word out of her mouth I noticed was schlepp. I asked her where she learned that word. She said everyone in the METRO NYC area knows that word...I agreed. Soon other JEMS were revealed (schnorrer, schmuck,putz, ferbisseneh, yenta and other words, that are also well known to non JEWS of this area. Then she told me that she was JEWISH..and her name and her daughters name...are those associated with religious people and she works for a KOSHER COOKIE COMPANY....and her children went to YAVNEH ACADEMY a religous school...where I taught when I was 21 years old, and lay claim to the cause of my KOSHER COLITIS>...they kids and family from ve crazy. This pretty and charming lady, soo really became an enigma. WHen she called BUSH a fucking idiots...and I told her that ..that statement is an insult to some fucking idiots that I know... Then, we started really getting silly and having fun. I think we both come from the same personality....Intelligent, spiritual(but not religious)love to laugh, learn, and the use of "dirty words" is not a sin..they are only words of expression of deep emotion.....Dirty minds make words dirty... Her visit was the hilite of my day....some laughter...and we both joined the Mutual Admiration Society....

No comments: