Thursday, April 9, 2009

Passover heartburn, Compliments..Too much wine

I am sitting here, staring at a bottle of Maalox. And although I am really suffering from terminal heart burn.....I just took a protonix....and want it to be assimilated before I drink from the plastic bottom. I have a hiatial hernia, as did my father, am aunt Becky who lived to be 103, my sister has it and my three nephews and neices all have it... The word OY.... is the shorten form of "OY it burns I need seltzer",which was the old fashion remedy before TUMS, Maalox, Protonix, Nexium, Prilosec, zantac and others.....
My sister made a wonder meal tonight for Passover...One can not call it a seder. It wasnt kosher, which makes no difference, and there were no prayers...and no tradition passed on. The FOur Questions of why this night is different than any other night" was no asked. A few symbolic foods were on the table: Matzo, Haroses(a mixture of apples,ground nuts,honey, wine--a brown gloppy mixture..which is symbolic of the alleged morter that was used to join the giant blocs of the pyramids..which the Hebrews assembled the pyramids....but, that might not even be true...those blocks were so big and heavy....that I dont think they even needed any morter to hold them together...but who knows, I wasnt there...I cannt say for sure, but had my aunt Becky been alive....she would have had an anser to that question...because...she "knew everything" She was anexpert on any subject you could come up with. For example, she was an art expert.... you would show her a Picasso or a DALI..she would say... ITS DREK (shit)....see..she is an expert...
The dinner started with chopped live and cheeses...that already would make it an anti seder...not kosher...but then again, WHO CARES..delicious is delicous and being kosher os one of choice, and personally, if your a good person, I dont think GOD gives a rats butt...what you eat, as long as its not a member of your and anyone elses family. We had tradional Gifuelte fish...traditional in Eastern Europe, not in the mid-east in the middle of a desert..with traditonal horseradish, followed by chicken soup and testicle sized matza balls...they grow them smaller this season...then a nice mixed salad....But then came the turley and the brisket...While crossing the wilderness on the way to the holyland for 40 years, the Hewbrews always had turley and brisket..with carrots and potaotes...and peas and carrots....and baked sweet and white potaotes....and matza koogle, two gravies, and pickles,olives and pickle peppers, and a wonderful tzimmis.....The expression do not make a big "tzimmis" comes from this wonderful mixture of strange foods....which seem to change as the Jewish population moved on throught the world. It used to have sweet potatoes, carrots,onions,and prunes...all stewed together....salt pepper and cinnamon added flavor... and I bet there are hundreds of different recipes that achieve the exaulted name of tzimmis. But my sister got her recipe from A Jewish Princess Lilly-kaluka-lani-Cohen...who added pineapple to the above recipe...and it made it even more delicious...had I not been so full...I would have eaten more...
I had a full glass of wine...something I never do....and it was delicious..Manichevitz Kosher for Passover...ANd soon after I finished eating I sat down on the sofa, and I dont remember much more, for I fell asleep or passedout...for an hour.. I did need the rest, but the wine, worked as a nice tranquilzer......After drinking the wine, my face felt flushed...and I would say I was drunk, but very relaxed.....and I was more quiet than usual. I didnt feel I had anything much to say, after a few sentences early on in the meal....

No comments: