Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bob in ICU,Movie"The Ten Commandments,

I went to see my friend Bob in the ICU: the nurse on the phone said I could come up, but he would be sleeping, or if up, the medication would make him not remember that I was there. Regardless, I wanted to see him. I was forwarned what to expect. Prior to the operation,he had looked terrible, but he was awake and able to talk. Tonight, the scene was almost like science fiction. All types of machinery, with tubes of varying size...plug into all body orifices...A thick blue tube..which narrowed down to a thin one that was down his throat and into his lungs. Oxygen in his nostrils. A tube to remove urine... various tubes in both arms for Intravenous: hydration and food, two for 2 different antibiotics, another for morphne for pain, and another one for a sedative....and other wires hooked up to monitor heart..blood pressure....and I am sure there must have been one tube that goes directlyh into ones wallet or bank account.
He did know I was there. I spoke and he responded by using his right hand. He motioned in a circlular form, and by moving his head..barely. Thenurse came in and recognized the motion of his finger..and hand. She asked him if he wanted a pen and paper. He tried to write something for me...He wrote two words that were legible and then the third word...wasnt. "CAN NOT" and "DO NOT" and the other word started with a "reh....." and the other third word I have no idea. I wonder if he was saying "do not recesuitate??? The nurse didnt think so. ALthough what he has is very very serious, once the pnemonia is gone(if they can get rid of it) he should be back to normal. Not parylized or incapacitate...as if he had a stroke.
All I can do is "talk to the main man" as I have been doing since Wednesday. PArt of me belives I am tlaking to the wall...and the other part of me thinks...its worth a try. But if there was this good GOD.....he knows what is needed..and sholdnt have to be bribed by people praying... He could have elminated the virus or bacteria that causes pnemonia, and everyother disease on earth? ANd while we are on the subject, I have to talk to him about earthquakes in Italy this week..and tornadoes and wildfires...Lots of peole died this week in these natural...or not so natural tradgeies....coulnt he have prevented it in the first place????and eleminate the need for prayers to save the people injured orburied, or burned??? I would love to belive that there is this WONDERFUL GOD....to pray to..and our prayers might get answered. I also might win the lottery? FAT CHANCE.
I told Bob, that all is undercontrol..His home and doggies are in good hands..we not only feed them...but play with them so they are notfeeling abandoned.....and I told him that the DRS said he is resonding better today than yesterday. Tomorrow a bit more...and with in the week, she should be getting the tubes removed, and sitting up....and getting out of ICU. I told him just to relax and get better.

This is the holiday season..It is now offically Easter SUNDAY....and its Passover week....I watched again tonight, THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. What an awful movie. The acting is amateur..including Charleton Heston..I could have done the part better. I look more JEWISH than he does...and I think I would have done the part more realistically and believable.....
It is almost a comedy....Yul Brenner, the PHAROH,m acted like a big Queen, not a PHAROH....and all the rest of the actors...including EDWARD G ROBINSON< who might have been the most "miscast of the entire movie) were hilarious....They all over acted...worse than Middle School or High School amateurs....but so bad, that I was laughing....The music was pathetic for most of it..and not Mid Eastern. Instruments that were played in COuRt scenes....were ones not invented for at least another 3000 years....The funniest scene was when they were having their orgies around the GOLDEN CALF....public drunkeness....and the time frame was so wrong...they first talked about MOSES being gone for 40days and 40 mights..then they built the GOLDEN CALF..and then MOSES comes down.... It would seem then they built the golden calf in an hour an half.....so rediculous....
When Moses came down, with the ten commandments he was carrying both of them in one arm....which would have been impossible if they were carved out of heavy stones.and then he chastises the people for breaking GODS LAWS...of drunkeness,adultery, etc.....but he at that point didnt give them the 10 commandments yet......so they didnt know GODS LAWS to break...and suddenly the ground opened up...lightening struck the sinners, and they bad guys were swallowed up by the earth... AND THIS WAS THEIR INTRODUCTION TO A LOVING GOD...PALEEESE.
tHEY ALSO were seen making wine, from grapes they broughtr with them from Egypt..that is rediculous..the grapes would have rotted in a few days.....and to be turned into wine, would have taken quite a while....in the move it took a day or two...NONSENSE>.......The entire movie, if made today...would be panned....and laughed out. But now it is a classic, and we watch it..but no one goes to pay to see it.....Wasnt his wife in the movie Yvonne DI CARLO, who later played LILLY in the MUNSTERS???
But....even though the movie sucked, the overal message still comes through....The Hebrews gave rise to the Jewish Religion. Their culture is based on the ten commandments...that GOD chose to give them...and that is where the term THE CHOSEN PEOPLE came from. They were chosen by GOD to receive the ten commandments..which most of society is based on. If people follow those rules, swociety will work.. Its kind of simple" Dont, lie, steal and kill. Honor your parents, dont be jealous of other peoples families of their wealth (or things)
Rest one day a week,.....those items sork for all society on the planet.....when the rules are broken......society runs amok. There are other ocmmandments which I will comment on another time.

No comments: