Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sat Before Easter Tire Kickers are out in full Force

I am sitting in the store...today we had a huge amount of people browsing....examining...measuring, asking questions....and if they couuld, they would proctoscope the furniture and the sales help, as a step to take under consideration before purchasing something.
One couple,...well a twosome of a foursome, wanted an entire lecture on on type of china.... They wanted date, history, chemical analysis...before even asking the price. I have a very low price, but of course not low enough..They continued their browsing...and when they continued...their search for enlightenment, I explained that there was customer on the 4th floor that needed my assistence.. We only have three floors!
Never has so many people spent so little. As a matter, never has so many people not spent ANYTHING!!! I do not mind people browsing...glass to have people in the store, but when they come here to pick my brain, as other people..just might need help...I do. ONE Hemorroid, after looking for a desk for a few hours...measuring, trying to figure out how we could alter it to fit through his hallway..which was 29" was on his way out...leaving us buying nothing. He held of a Vintage magazine with JFK on the cover.. He Asked if he could have it for nothing....I said, he could have it for a meer $5.00...maybe even cheaper than a new one today. He wanted it FREE..and wouldnt pay five dollars...... If he could have read my mind at the moment.......I was thinking he spent more for the awful red hair dye he used...
The nerve...asking for things FREE. Salvation army doenst give away things free...where in hell was this creep comming from? Schnorrerville? (schnorrer is the yiddish word for a cheap bastard.....not only cheap...but those who wants things for FREE...like the schnorrers who came to my auction, only to eat at the free buffet, and then left before the auction started.
So far, this SAturday before Easter, and the Sat after GOOD FRIDAY..is the worst Saturday in the history of my store. I dont think we took in enough yet to go to dinner, unless it was at Mc Donalds...but enough people to fill up a few buses...(which we would drive off a cliff)

No comments: